[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT on BU, monochrome flop

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      First hands, villains unknown.
      Don't really know what to think about this hand...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $0.29
      MP1:
      $2.59
      MP2:
      $2.25
      MP3:
      $1.58
      CO:
      $3.41
      BU (Hero):
      $2.14
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.24) 9, 5, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.17, SB calls $0.17.
      I was thinking something like getting to know where I stand and "protection" against both flushdraws and overcards... was it a good amount or would something smaller cut it?

Turn: ($0.58) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.
      I bet half pot to try to get some information again... I take it he's on a draw.

River: ($1.18) J (2 players)
      SB bets $1.18, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.18.

He got me there, pot size bet... what could he possibly be representing?
      Either he turned his missed draw into a big bluff... or he has trips or slowplayed flush or set or something that beats me, which I guess that's more likely.
      Still it looks like he tried to push me out of the pot... why didn't he wait for me to bet the river? Anyway I thought that it was too expensive to find out.

Another question: if he checked the river, should I check behind or bet for value? I was planning on checking behind, since I won't extract anything from busted draws and if I am checkraised there I'd be on a really tough situation.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Basically it's pretty close between to bet the turn or not. Although definitely is fine while we still getting value from any kind of FD or any other draw and as well weaker pairs. On river you can't really do much than a fold without a good read.

He got me there, pot size bet... what could he possibly be representing?

Guess it could be some set type of hand which wasn't sure either to go broke or not.

Another question: if he checked the river, should I check behind or bet for value? I was planning on checking behind, since I won't extract anything from busted draws and if I am checkraised there I'd be on a really tough situation.

It's almost the same as on turn, it's pretty thin but while we want as well sometimes to see his hand and take even a note then Checking should be an option as well. But depends a lot on the opponents, sometimes I do even bet.

Best regards.