SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB raises to $2.80, Hero calls $1.40

RIVER ($7.84) 4:spade: 3:spade: 3:heart: T:heart: T:diamond:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

unknown
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      cbet bigger on flop? There are a lot of pocket pairs who would pay you (55-JJ), plus the FD.

Turn is more to the fine side I think. Of course his minraise is awful for hero but I think folding would be way too weak.

River is fine to me. At this point you are wa/wb; a big bet I'd fold, but such a small bet is a must call. It will quite often be a value bet by Tx, but it could be a blocking bet/bluff by 55-99 and especially JJ, or even by busted spade or heart draw w/ ace high thinking his kicker will be good for the two pair. Odds are just too good to fold then, and raising makes no sense at all as you could very well have the best hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

I'd actually bet on both streets a bit bigger, of course it's not that big mistake but still. We will get called anyways if he has any kind of draw or a PP. But as played the turn is pretty marginal, such a play so often is a very strong hand, although while he really has even sometimes draws in his hand I don't mind your Call. But keep in mind to fold to shove on river, seems like he had 3x?

And if we even would have made the bets bigger then might be the case that he wouldn't raise us that easily and we might even find a fold better on turn.

Best regards.