This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10sh JQs

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.14)
      BB ($11.67)
      UTG ($5.64)
      Hero ($10.20)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($22.02)

Dealt to Hero J:club: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 4:club: T:club: K:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($3.10) 4:club: T:club: K:diamond: 2:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.10) 4:club: T:club: K:diamond: 2:diamond: K:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.32, SB raises to $7.54, Hero folds

SB wins $7.23
      unknown
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Wow, I'd never fold there.

You have the second nut flush. What are you afraid of? KT?

I think w/ KT or TT or 44 (or even 22) he would have bet turn.

With a flush he would have bet river or would lose ton of value with a Tx or even Kx checking behind.

I see his river raise more as a "bluff" to scare you with the paired board. Maybe he has the A of clubs, or maybe he has Kx (KQ or even more KJ), which might make sense to check the turn.

You have roughly 50/50 odds to call and I think there are enough worse hands in his range to justify a "call and make a note" attitude.

Because of course it makes sense for him to raise flop w/ FD and check turn. But then he would have just owned you this time by putting you on FD as well and by knowing you'd bet the river. But I still think he has Kx and doesn't want to bet, get raised and face a difficult decision.

Again, only my 2c, I'm curious to the see the real analysis too.

If I'm bothering by commenting in your hands let me know, I just want to exchange some thoughts, fish as I might be :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Basically while he is unknown we could either put him a very wide range or as well very tight range. Although I guess his play just doesn't make much sense. He can't be really holding a GS+FD while we have the JcQc. And either his play doesn't make that much sense, if he really had KT/44/TT, why didn't he bet the turn? But overall, I'd say I am as well Calling the river, while he may easily have even worse hands, starting from just trips and of course even at some spots maybe even worse flushes.

Board: 4:club: T:club: K:diamond:  2:diamond:  K:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    60.61%  60.61%   0.00% { QcJc }
      UTG+1  39.39%  39.39%   0.00% { TT, 44, AKs, KTs+, Ac9c, AKo, KTo+ }

And we only need like 30% equity, so therefore if we even remove few of the hands, I guess we can still manage to get the equity for a correct Call. And sometimes he might even turn his hand into bluff.

Best regards.