BB ($2.58)
      CO ($27.31)
      Hero ($10.56)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:club:

CO raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.10) T:diamond: 6:heart: 5:club:

BB checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, BB folds

TURN ($2.50) T:diamond: 6:heart: 5:club: Q:heart:

CO checks, Hero bets $1.60, CO raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $9.51 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows 6:diamond: 6:club:

Hero wins $8.31
      24/20/2.3/263
  • 8 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Looks fine to me.

I think it's a bit cold blooded to just call the flop vs. two villains with possible OESDs and gutshots out there. But I get the point of getting BB to call along, maybe even raise. But I don't know what would be more profitable - I think I would raise flop.

The turn looks fine too. The villain might min-raise as a bluff (he can easily put you on a float line), but also on draws (now more of a wet board). He could do that w/ KQ or QJ. So your raise looks good to protect from the many draws, unfortunately I don't see much worse he could call with (QT?) except a bad call w/ FD. I don't see much risk of running into TT or QQ as he would lose a lot of value if you checked behind turn.

nh, wp imo, let's wait for the real analysis :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Actually on those limits I'd basically just raise the flop right there. We are multiway pot and his CBet is somewhat strong and could indicate that he wants to continue. Of course it's not a really big mistake but I do usually start building up the pot right on flop and as well protecting.

As played not much to add, I'd ship it there as well.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello xero100,

Actually on those limits I'd basically just raise the flop right there. We are multiway pot and his CBet is somewhat strong and could indicate that he wants to continue. Of course it's not a really big mistake but I do usually start building up the pot right on flop and as well protecting.

As played not much to add, I'd ship it there as well.

Best regards.
      Veriz,

You really think that cbet is strong, considering its size vs. 2 villains on that board?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You really think that cbet is strong, considering its size vs. 2 villains on that board?

What do you think is he CBetting there then? A high? And yes, I'd consider this CBet rather be strong while against 2 opponents. Against one opponent I do agree this line but it's pretty standard set raise on turn and against regs we wont get value much. Basically even raising on flop might put them into more difficult spots.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze

What do you think is he CBetting there then? A high? [...]
      Ahn, yes, I quite often see people cbetting A-high a lot on those spots, esp. AK/AQ. And even something like KQ, that missed completely and want to at least have a cheap stab.

But of course it depends on his perception of our hero. If our hero would easily fold, say, 22-44 and some other random A/K high then he should cbet, shouldn't he? The cold call from BTN was not exactly superstrenght from the start.

I can't see him on JJ+ of course, so what do you think is his range after the turn play? JT or KT type of hands? Tx with two hearts? 78?

Sorry if I seem too lost but more and more I feel I suck at this game :f_biggrin:

(and I don't want to hijack the thread as well, I hope my (even if fishy) comments could help OP in any way).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I can't see him on JJ+ of course, so what do you think is his range after the turn play? JT or KT type of hands? Tx with two hearts? 78?

Guess he could have played some overpair maybe this way and then realized that he is far behind. Sometimes they might even turn their hands into bluff in this case. But of course could be some Tx hands as well and rather not draws. And mainly as I said it's not that wrong to Call the flop but myself I do like raising more. :D

And you ain't hijacking the thread, it's great to have a discussion.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze

Guess he could have played some overpair maybe this way and then realized that he is far behind. Sometimes they might even turn their hands into bluff in this case. But of course could be some Tx hands as well and rather not draws. And mainly as I said it's not that wrong to Call the flop but myself I do like raising more. :D
      We agreed on that, I just couldn't see the cbet as strong and that's what I'm trying to understand. I saw it as weak and I think if he had a hand, vs. 2 villains, he would have bet a bit stronger. Yes, he could have QQ+ there and then it would make a bit more sense the flop (even though he should protect vs. SD), but no sense on turn.

What is he representing on that turn? QQ? Don't make me laugh. I would be much more scared of a check/min-raise in a 2 or 3 if I were button. At best the FD, apart from that we're thinning the semi-bluff into pure bluff even more.

It's hard for me seeing AQ/KQ checking turn as well of course. So I'd put my finger on 77-99 if I had to.

In conclusion, apart from FD it looks like a "turned mediocre hand into a bluff and don't float me" minraise.

If I'm too off coast please say because I want to be back on NL10 and quite often I feel like I do completely wrong hand reads :f_frown:

At least I've spotted my huge leak is calling river shoves... why do those damn fishes have to shove the nuts on river?! :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Actually there are just so many various options to play the hand. Against some thinking regs basically I can raise it on flop. Against somewhat aggressive opponents I would as well pick this line, although I wouldn't ship it on turn but just Call while we even do have the position. :) And basically just ship the river if he Checks.

And against somewhat unknown opponents I don't mind shipping it directly on turn. Therefore there are like so many different plays here how to hide your nuts.

And yes, it could be that he turned his mediocre hand into bluff which has some kind of fold equity and as well even can add something on river. But it's basically pretty hard to say exactly what the opponent is thinking or how he is playing or with what he is playing while you only have preflop stats and mainly only AF for postflop.