This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush AA

• koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.39)
      BB ($4.14)
      UTG ($6.92)
      Hero ($5.07)
      UTG+2 ($1.23)
      MP1 ($4.92)
      MP2 ($5.81)
      CO ($7.27)
      BTN ($2.63)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.45) T:club: 4:spade: Q:club:

SB bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $1.28, Hero calls $0.53

TURN ($3.01) T:club: 4:spade: Q:club: J:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.01) T:club: 4:spade: Q:club: J:diamond: 8:spade:

SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Opponent unknown, don't know should I consider his flop play as very strong. 1/2 pot donk bet usually is some kind of draw. He beats me here with QT, 44, TT, and not very likely QQ. Calling his small 3bet on flop is normal I guess, since I have A:club: . J completes straight draw, also QJ improves, don't know is he capable for that play on flop with TP. Decided to check behind and call up to 1/2 pot bet on the river if it's blank.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Actually I'd more often consider folding on flop while such a way to play the hand is usually a trap and rather a strong hand than a draw. Although as you called there is not much to change in your play. What did he have then?

Best regards.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      AQo
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Veriz you mean you´d raise/fold flop ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Veriz you mean you´d raise/fold flop ?
      I wouldn't say that I would fold there directly. I guess if I am planning to continue then I'd basically just ship it right on flop, there is no point in Calling. Either I am Bet/Folding and if I see him rather passive player then we can likely expect to be behind and see this as a trap, although if somewhat unknown then basically rather ship it on flop against a lot of draws and maybe even worse pairs than Call and let him see a free card.

But definitely one very important thing in this case is to note him down.