Heads up play neglected? Or have i not searched well enough

• Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Platinum
      How Come there is little or no discussion of heads-up play anywhere here. Is it just too random. Maybe it doesnt seem too relevant unless you want to make money playing Heads up SnG's which is an unusual choice but for any SnG you ultimately need to play Heads up Well to win...
  • 3 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      well in turbo SNG's (what's recommended here), there isn't really any heads-up "play". (don't flame me, read on :D ). Of course there are things to know, but that's basically what hands to push with, since it's just push/fold when you're at the end of a SNG.
      Heads-up play is very different however, since you're playing just one opponent all the time. It takes very good post-flop and reading skills to play heads-up, and it's very situational, so there isn't really a fixed set of rules for playing. It's really not easy, so I'd recommend you start with cash games or normal sit'n'gos, at least until you have a lot of experience.
      Oh and if you're on Titan, there's heads-up NL2, very fishy according to a friend who played there.
    • Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Platinum
      Yes I am on Titan and i played around 30 of those yesterday breaking even more or less. Decided to give it up and stick to SnG- its addictive, does not much for my game and its really a bit of a crapshoot.

But for some reason heads up cash tables are really profitable- checked in thrice with 2 dollars and won a profit of 20 dollars. Mab its just easy to tilt at those.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Heads up variance is sick, I would not play it regularly :)