Gift from pokerstrategy.com

• 16 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      After you pass the quiz, there might be an ID check, and that can take 24 hours. If you pass the ID check then it can take up to 48 hours for the funds to be credited to your poker account.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      there you go jacis62s :D

and welcome to our community. if you have further problems, just send customer support a ticket. :)

thanks belayd. :f_grin:

cheers,
      Wendy
    • nedelce
      nedelce
      Bronze
      YEEEES I TAKE TODAY QUIZ AND NOW WAIT MY BONUS :D
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      Hey,

My $50 was in FTP in under 48 hrs.

Zappa64
    • PokerKillsYou
      PokerKillsYou
      Basic
      i just passed the quiz! only took 2 tries :D , now im just waiting for it at party poker, hope i did i made the right choice in choosing my pokerroom :P
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      question, why do some people have to do the ID check while others don't? Me and my mate that I introduced didn't but some people do. Is it just if your details are similar to people already registered? Or is it just a random selection like bags at the airport?
    • ProfiNub
      ProfiNub
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      question, why do some people have to do the ID check while others don't? Me and my mate that I introduced didn't but some people do. Is it just if your details are similar to people already registered? Or is it just a random selection like bags at the airport?
      interresting so u became ur 50$ starting capital without doing ID check? i doubt it, Or well i don't know im kinda new in here but i had to do the ID check in order to receive the starting capital
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      My brother for example,didn't need to do any ID check and he got 50$
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ProfiNub
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      interresting so u became ur 50$ starting capital without doing ID check? i doubt it, Or well i don't know im kinda new in here but i had to do the ID check in order to receive the starting capital
      lol it's not something i'd lie about, i'm just intrigued :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I also got my starting capital without an ID check. It happens, but how PS staff decide when to do an ID check and when not to do one is probably proprietary information, and telling us about it might compromise security.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by belayd
      I also got my starting capital without an ID check. It happens, but how PS staff decide when to do an ID check and when not to do one is probably proprietary information, and telling us about it might compromise security.
      Hi folks,

Thanks for answering here, belayd.

We can't tell you the reasons that we might apply an ID check to an account before transfering the free $50 starting capital, I'm afraid.

What we can say is that as I'm sure you can imagine, our offer attracts 'bad' attention, as well as honest customers. Since we're giving away something for nothing; it can potentially be pretty open to abuse. We therefore must have a Risk Mitigation policy in place; part of which is the ID check you experienced.

The thing about Risk Mitigation policies is that if we publicise how it works, we also make it useless as those who seek to defraud or abuse our offer will know exactly how to circumvent it.

I hope that explains things in a little more detail.

Best,

Marc
      Customer Service Manager
      PokerStrategy.com
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      The thing about Risk Mitigation policies is that if we publicise how it works, we also make it useless as those who seek to defraud or abuse our offer will know exactly how to circumvent it.
      Thanks for wording it more elegantly and precisely than I was able to, Marc. :)

And of course what you describe is standard practice among security people. The U.S. Secret Service doesn't blab about what measures it takes to protect the President.
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      I think I understand what you meant, why do some people have to send in proof, while others like myself did not have to send anything in, but everyone goes through the ID check.

Zappa64
    • CatFemale
      CatFemale
      Bronze
      i just wait my $50, if they need ID then i must find scanner to scan my id :) If they want they had to get it :)

Cheers,
      Cat Female
    • jugoslav85
      jugoslav85
      Bronze
      Nedelce, please accept my friend request.
    • jugoslav85
      jugoslav85
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nedelce
      YEEEES I TAKE TODAY QUIZ AND NOW WAIT MY BONUS :D
      Pisi mail na jugoslav34@gmail.com