[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush 44 fancy move

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      What do you think I should do preflop with these small pockets ? Should I 3bet them - but it´s like I am turning value hand into a bluff, or should I call them trying to hit my set - but well, even if I hit, button/cuttof range is often very wide and I probably won´t get paid too often.

On the flop I probably shouldn´t do such a play without a read ... ye pretty useless move here. Anyway, should I c/r .. what my sizing should be ?

Known players:       
      Hero:
      $6,66
      BU:
      $4,95

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 4:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,15, Hero calls $0,13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,35) K:heart: , 5:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,2, Hero raises to $0,60, BU raises to $1,85, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,55
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: On those limits you can still Call somewhat profitable even if they have a wide range. They are more likely to go broke with some crappy hand as well. On higher limits I'd rather avoid it and either 3bet or just fold.

As played
      Postflop: It's doable although while the board is a bit drawy I might just give it up directly. But if I do Check/Raise then the size should be somewhat fine.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      What pockets would you recommend to 3bet pre and what´d you call ?

77+ I 3bet ?

I know it depends on the opponent and all that, but in general ?

-----------------

Well, I should probably do this only against regs, not ag. a fish, since I don´t know the opponent, I should rather play straight forward.

In general, how do we decide sizing for our c/r ? Do we make it 3x villains bet, or do we make it potsize ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      What pockets would you recommend to 3bet pre and what´d you call ?

77+ I 3bet ?

I know it depends on the opponent and all that, but in general ?

-----------------

Well, I should probably do this only against regs, not ag. a fish, since I don´t know the opponent, I should rather play straight forward.

In general, how do we decide sizing for our c/r ? Do we make it 3x villains bet, or do we make it potsize ?
      Basically on those limits I do it like 88+. And with smaller ones you can even consider Call for set value. On higher limits of course it would change. We start 3betting more and maybe even all the PPs. And as well do fold maybe even a lot smaller PPs vs regs.

But while it's rush then you can as well even do 3bet all the PPs while they mostly have pretty wide range on BU and likely even fold easily.

And about my Check/Raise it depends more on the opponent. Against floaters of course we have to do it bigger to look it stronger hand but basically in average I do it like 2-3x + add half of the pot.