[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush, MSS, AKo

• outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      According to the MSS chart, I should have folded the flop since Villain make a donkbet. But isn't this too weak a play?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.20
      UTG1:
      $13.57
      UTG2:
      $2.15
      MP1:
      $5.93
      MP2:
      $12.04
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.28
      CO:
      $5.28
      BU:
      $2.41
      SB:
      $5.28

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BU calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, A, J (4 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, CO folds, BU calls $0.80, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($3.05) T (3 players)
      SB bets $4.33(All-In), Hero calls $1.33, BU folds.

River: ($8.71) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.71.
      Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, jacks and tens(J T).Hero shows a pair of aces(A K).SB wins with two pairs, jacks and tens(J T).
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey outspan,

No I think you made the right decision but I think flatting is better to leave in all his bluffs and weaker aces (he might fold on a shove or raise)

On the Turn we can then evaluate whether we want to shove or call again when he bets

- Gerv
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey outspan,

No I think you made the right decision but I think flatting is better to leave in all his bluffs and weaker aces (he might fold on a shove or raise)

On the Turn we can then evaluate whether we want to shove or call again when he bets

- Gerv
      Thank you!

I understand that the MSS chart is for beginners and tends to be quite tight, but if I were to follow the charts correctly, like I wrote before, I'd have to fold to the donkbet on the flop (which to me made no sense here, because Villain is going to donk the flop too often).

I'm going to rewatch the first 2 videos of your series on MSS (great stuff, btw!) and see whether and when you deviate from the chart.

I've tried to follow the charts to the letter and I have a 7% VPIP/PFR over 1.5k hands. Isn't this a bit too tight?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No I think that's perfectly normal and sometimes due variance :)

Good luck!
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      i have question..
      on the flop you can beat AQ AT(on the turn you cant beat even AT) and maybe lover aces which wont
      shove on turn, ok my by due to stack size call on turn
      is good i really don't know, but you cant really beat anything even if you have that gut shot....
      - can judge please answer - ?