[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush T9s MP3

• 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Nope, not really. We don't even know the opponent and therefore we don't have that great implied odds and of course we wont hit often enough with the hand. And we can't be sure that he is going to fold postflop if we play back against him in 3bet pot.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Nope, not really. We don't even know the opponent and therefore we don't have that great implied odds and of course we wont hit often enough with the hand. And we can't be sure that he is going to fold postflop if we play back against him in 3bet pot.

Best regards.
      Ok, if I knew that he is actually 3betting very tight range ? Can I call profitably ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Ok, if I knew that he is actually 3betting very tight range ? Can I call profitably ?
      Nope, not really. At the best I would sometimes consider Calling for set value although with them it's even pretty close while we ain't that deep.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Nope, not really. At the best I would sometimes consider Calling for set value although with them it's even pretty close while we ain't that deep.
      Interesting. What would be your calling range there vs. unknown?

edit: by that I mean, what would you recommend as a calling range?

Two edits in one post means it's late and time to sleep
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Interesting. What would be your calling range there vs. unknown?

edit: by that I mean, what would you recommend as a calling range?

Two edits in one post means it's late and time to sleep
      While doing this from MP3 and rather not BU or CO I guess it would be pretty strong unless I know the opponent. And maybe even sometimes I would even fold my AK/JJ in this spot when I have seen him being rather tighter.

The problem with Calling preflop a 3bet is that postflop you just wont hit often enough. And if you really are against some strong hand it will be hard to make him fold. Therefore you can't really play that profitable and rather would do Calls with some higher broadways which have blockers. And set mine with some PPs when we are deeper.