[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush QQ BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Do you think I´ve played correctly here ? Should I fold preflop ?

Known players:      
      UTG2:
      $7,06
      MP1:
      $2,2
      Hero:
      $5,02

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,12, MP1 raises to $0,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,19) J:club: , T:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,75, Hero raises to $2,00, MP1 calls $0,95 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($4,59) 8:spade:
      River: ($4,59) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,59
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

If you want UTG2 in the pot then I guess you can play this way or I mean induce him to shove with worse. Although you can just ship it as well against MP1 stack.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

If you want UTG2 in the pot then I guess you can play this way or I mean induce him to shove with worse. Although you can just ship it as well against MP1 stack.

Best regards.
      My plan was to fold if utg was about to shove after.

On the flop I think the problem is I don´t really think he is having here like AJ ? or hands I do beat due to the preflop play, so I shouldn´t maybe even go broke here even against his stack.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      My plan was to fold if utg was about to shove after.

On the flop I think the problem is I don´t really think he is having here like AJ ? or hands I do beat due to the preflop play, so I shouldn´t maybe even go broke here even against his stack.
      The problem as well is that he may still have even worse hands and not only sets or whatever you are scared of. Basically there is no way I am folding on such a flop against his stack. Just unlucky if he really did hit his set.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

The problem as well is that he may still have even worse hands and not only sets or whatever you are scared of. Basically there is no way I am folding on such a flop against his stack. Just unlucky if he really did hit his set.
      Ok what hands do you mean then ? Because do you really think he is 3betting like AJ preflop ? And every overpair beats me actually. Maybe he could´ve played A :club: K :club: that way or smth similar.

----

otherwise, what do you think about my preflop plan I wrote above ? Is it ok ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

Ok what hands do you mean then ? Because do you really think he is 3betting like AJ preflop ? And every overpair beats me actually. Maybe he could´ve played A :club: K :club: that way or smth similar.

----

otherwise, what do you think about my preflop plan I wrote above ? Is it ok ?
      Then actually you shouldn't Call in 1st place, that's the problem. If you really think this way then just fold preflop. And yes, he may have even wider range. As you see the 1st raise was like a min-raise and he could easily even 3bet there with AJ.

Just curious what do you want to hit with the QQ if you Calling preflop?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Then actually you shouldn't Call in 1st place, that's the problem. If you really think this way then just fold preflop. And yes, he may have even wider range. As you see the 1st raise was like a min-raise and he could easily even 3bet there with AJ.
      I see. If utg made proper-sized raise and MP guy 3bets, this is a default fold right ?

Just curious what do you want to hit with the QQ if you Calling preflop?
      Overpair obv. :f_biggrin:

But yeah, if there wasn´t the min-raise action preflop, I wouldn´t have been on the flop in the first place.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I see. If utg made proper-sized raise and MP guy 3bets, this is a default fold right ?

Against this fishy stack I wouldn't say that. I guess I'd still plan to go broke vs shorty unless I know more about him. But of course would be the safest play to just fold it while we wont loose anything.