Stack
      SB:
      $1.96
      Hero:
      $1.93
      BU:
      $3.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) 7:club: , 6:spade: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BU raises to $0.32, SB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.90) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

River: ($1.26) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Final Pot: $1.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, nines and sixes (9s 9c)
      BU shows (7h 5c)

Hero wins with two-pair, nines and sixes (9s 9c)

Preflop: std
      Flop: bet for value and protection from overcards. Main question for you about this hand is whether to call the minraise. He seems quite aggressive 64/36/3.7 (small sample) so I think he is capable of doing this with worse; he could well even be bluffing because on this flop he will be thinking that I missed and will fold my Ax overcards to his raise.
      Turn, river: I slow down and go into check/call mode. Another question for you: if he had made a proper sized bet (e.g. $0.60) on turn, should I have called? If the answer is "no", does this mean it was wrong to call the previous minraise on the flop?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Against this kind of aggressive opponent nope, I wouldn't fold it on turn. And as played as I saw weakness in his bet size on turn I'd basically just donk myself on river in proper manner.

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ok thanks.

One reason I did not bet or raise river was the double-paired board. If I donked river and he shoved, which I think he is very capable of doing, he would probably have bluffed me off the best hand due to being scared of the full house.
      If you bet the river would you also call his shove? I'm not sure I am that brave!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ok thanks.

One reason I did not bet or raise river was the double-paired board. If I donked river and he shoved, which I think he is very capable of doing, he would probably have bluffed me off the best hand due to being scared of the full house.
      If you bet the river would you also call his shove? I'm not sure I am that brave!
      Nah, I don't think that he would like ever shove there as a bluff. Those opponents just ain't capable for that in those limits. And we still can fold it. :) And that the board paired it's not that likely that he is betting with his trips on turn like this. If he really had trips then I am pretty sure that he would be betting a lot bigger.