[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• member001
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:heart:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) A:club: , T:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.25, MP3 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.64) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.64) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP3 calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $1.24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Ad Jh)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and sixes (As Kh)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and sixes (As Kh)

Preflop: I guess the usual advice is to raise it up with AK. Often I would raise in this spot, but here villain is quite nitty PFR 3% so I think that raising can often mean he continues only with hands that crush me, whereas if I call I will keep worse Ax in his range and play in position against him.

Flop: he is going to cbet every time on this flop I think, so check/raise

Turn: I am playing check/call here because I am not sure that a worse hand will call if I bet (checkraise flop then donk turn would look very strong from me; he might even think I have hit a set), whereas if I check then villain might bet with a worse Ax.

River: this is a blank, so given that villain didn't bet the turn I am pretty sure I have the best hand and I make a small value bet.

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Yes, I do like the idea of Calling while he has such a PFR. We basically can't be sure that we are doing the 3bet for value.
      Flop: If you want to Check/Raise then I'd do it actually a bit bigger like $0,30 at least.
      Turn: And as you went for a Check/Raise on flop then why you slowing down here? Didn't you do it for value on flop? Just CBet it here for value and that was your plan on flop.

As played
      River: I'd bet even bigger like $0,45 at least.

Best regards.