This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KJs TPGK vs loose shortstack

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0.61
      Hero:
      $1.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) K:heart: , 9:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.41) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19.

River: ($0.79) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.22 (All-In), Hero calls $0.22.

Final Pot: $1.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kc Jc)
      BB shows two-pair, aces and eights (Ac 8s)

BB wins with two-pair, aces and eights (Ac 8s)

Flop: standard cbet
      Turn: I think I'm usually ahead with TPGK given that he is so loose 62/27, so bet again for value
      River: one of those "I know I'm beaten but for the given odds I feel compelled to call" situations.

Probably should have put him all-in on turn. Also probably should have bet flop slightly bigger, which would have made it a more convenient pot size to put him all-in on the turn.
      As played, should have folded the river, or make the crying call for the given odds because his shortstack all-in gets less credit?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Against those stacks usually just try to calculate in your head to make him all-in by turn and that's all. Otherwise I guess you don't even beat much he likely has you beat but for the given odds there is not much to do.

Best regards.