[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 turn decison

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (CO) ($25)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($11.28)
      BB ($30.06)
      UTG ($39.80)
      MP ($13.59)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9
      UTG bets $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 4, 7, 10 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.55) 7 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero ???

Villain is a TAG reg, competent looking player

I don't really know if a bet is a good option here because the reason behind it would be some bare protection.

As villain is pretty competent in my opinion, I think that his checking range on the turn contains hands that villains wants to go to showdown with or hands that are totally giving up but I expect him to barrel his air a good amount.

Also mentionable is that BB was a very loose passive fish so we can expect our opponent's open raising range to be wider than usual.

A bet can get value from villain's turned draws but also I think we can expect him to barrel those as well.

I don't like a check back because I think we give him very often a free card for his usually at least 6 outs.

So is a bet the best alternative here, as we protect our hand and also capitalize on our equity share ?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      b/f turn
      you´re ahead enough times that you can bet for value and then take your free showdown
      He may c/c you with worse pp-s, like 88/66 and you´re also protecting against overcards, at the same time you can´t expect him to bluff on blank river so you don´t also induce anything by checking