Stacks:
      UTG ($9.75)
      UTG+1 ($16.36)
      CO ($10.86)
      Hero (BTN) ($10.15)
      SB ($17.84)
      BB ($17.30)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: A:club:
      UTG raises to $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, SB goes all-in $17.84, 1 fold, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero ???

1) Wouldn't he 3-bet to like ~4$ with Aces and wait for a donkey call or shove from my part where he can just call, by not scaring me off with shoving himself? Against KK I still have some chances, and against everything else I have a normal race, right? So is it a standard call then?

2) What should I do, if he DID 3-bet to ~4$?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wlcKeD,

Even 3betting is somewhat close here while UTG range is pretty tight and often he will continue with better hands. Although as you went for a 3bet then I wouldn't Call his shove. He may still do that even with KK/AA or whatsoever. And definitely doesn't have a very weak hand here unless we have some better reads. At the best we might get a flip. Therefore just give up the hand.

Best regards.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Even 3betting is somewhat close here
      Isn't it too nitty to JUST call here? Giving a chance for more players to come to the pot with variuos drawy hands, even the blinds? Or also giving a chance for someone to squeeze with a weaker hand than mines and force me out of the pot (which I suppose you recommened to fold pref if someones squeezes like that after I just call with AK)? I thought it's a clear raise here with my AK ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wlcKeD
      Isn't it too nitty to JUST call here? Giving a chance for more players to come to the pot with variuos drawy hands, even the blinds? Or also giving a chance for someone to squeeze with a weaker hand than mines and force me out of the pot (which I suppose you recommened to fold pref if someones squeezes like that after I just call with AK)? I thought it's a clear raise here with my AK ...
      Unless you tell me the opponents you are against it's hard to say what I would take here. If you are against a nit then there is no way I am going to 3bet it for value. Rather just as a bluff. And you have only 2 opponents behind you.

Would you rather go broke vs JJ+ range or play postflop in multiway pot? Where you have choices as well to decide what actions you gonna take.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Unless you tell me the opponents you are against it's hard to say what I would take here. If you are against a nit then there is no way I am going to 3bet it for value. Rather just as a bluff. And you have only 2 opponents behind you.

Would you rather go broke vs JJ+ range or play postflop in multiway pot? Where you have choices as well to decide what actions you gonna take.
      And the moral of that is - I should finally get a HUD :D am I right? ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

And the moral of that is - I should finally get a HUD :D am I right? ;)
      Definitely, it seems that you are in the face where you might need add something into the play. Try maybe out PokerStrategy Elephant which is for free. :) And we can bring a whole new system into play with stats. If you even have problems installing it I can always help you.