5 Players

UTG ($10)
      CO ($26.47)
      Hero (BTN) ($10.46)
      SB ($12)
      BB ($13.35)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: J:spade: 3:heart: 4:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: 5:diamond: ($0.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

River: 4:diamond: ($2.19, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

1) Since I have best position, nice suited and faced one-gapper, and the opponent raised just 3x, with both of us being full-stacked, I guess it's the right call pref in general, isn't it?

2) Since he didn't c-bet, should I check behind flop to induce any action on later streets by showing some weakness from my part? Cause if I bet there, what worse, that didn't c-bet, could call me? Cause I assume any Jx, any PP, and any flushdraw would happily make a c-bet there, no?

3) And now, since I wanted to induce action from him, I guess it is correct to just flat call both turn and river when the board didn't change much?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello wlcKeD,

Preflop: If you have a plan then why not to Call, although against UTG range it's pretty close and without a plan I'd just fold the hand. You can't just hope for a hit always, by this way you wont play it profitable.

As played
      Postflop: I'd actually just bet myself on flop while it's somewhat draw. Although as you went for such a line then there is not much you can do than Call him down as you induce him to bluff. And there are still worse hands like a draw, smaller PP or even sometimes overcards which may Call you, plus you balance your bluff lines.

Best regards.