5 Players

UTG ($10)
      CO ($4.18)
      BTN ($11.04)
      SB ($10.47)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB 10:diamond: A:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG calls $0.50

Flop: A:heart: 5:diamond: 8:spade: ($1.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.89, Hero calls $0.89

Turn: 6:spade: ($3.03, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: 3:club: ($3.03, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.88, UTG goes all-in $8.51, Hero folds

Well, it's a really wierd hand actually ... I played it very differently than I'm used to just because UTG have been quite aggresive post-flop as I've seen some hands before, and I wanted him to hang himself a bit on that flop, cause I was pretty sure I was ahead (except 55 and maybe A5, cause else I really expect him to raise pref ...), and didn't want to scare him off, so that's why I didn't c-bet there ... Same goes for turn, as he really took the initiative as I was expecting on flop, but sadly he checked behind turn ... Anyway on river I felt like I'm really ahead, and wanted to get some value with big kinda-recklessly-stealing-bet from any mid-pair if he catched, maybe 22, 44, or A4, A2 if he really played them that way, and didn't want him just to check them behind ... But THIS turn play from him O_o Completely blowed my mind off ... but I didn't think that he could do something like that with worse hand than mine, so I guess maybe he really catched a set of 3, or slowplayed 55, 66 ? Now I think I should have just check/called river and see what he had ... Any other thoughts (except from just c-betting flop, cause that was not the way I chose to play this hand) ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello wlcKeD,

Basically if he really was that aggressive and you expect him to raise the flop then rather play Check/Call as you did. Although I would rather bet it a bit smaller on river ~$2 and maybe even give him room to make the hero Call. And as played there is not much you can do against his shove, you are likely behind there. We can't really Call it profitable in this case, your bet on river is as well pretty strong and therefore I expect him to shove with rather made hands.

Best regards.