This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KQo squeeze in sb

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.61)
      UTG+1 ($15.19)
      CO ($10.78)
      BTN ($11.10)
      Hero (SB) ($12.51)
      BB ($3.10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB K:spade: Q:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.90, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN calls $1.60

Flop: J:spade: Q:diamond: 4:heart: ($6.90, 3 players)
      Hero bets $10.51 (AI), UTG calls $4.61 (AI), BTN folds

Well I didn't want to call pref with such a hand OOP, but I didnt want to fold either, so I opted for a squeeze there ... Or was it a bit of a bold move? Now on flop, since two guys called and I flopped top pair second kicker, I thought I must make a c-bet there, but since the pot was already very big, and my c-bet should be like 5$ at least, which would be all of UTG stack, and mostly all btn's stack, I opted just to go all-in myself - or was it a wrong move to make?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wlcKeD,

Preflop: Actually I am not really big fan of isolating loose players, although it's doable. But more often would rather isolate against somewhat normal stats guys and not fishy looking players. :D And folding would be of course the safest here.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do, you can as well just bet like $4,61 as the guy has and ship the turn although that doesn't matter that much.

Best regards.