AQ at FullRing 2NL

• gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      I noticed in FR one of my losing hands is AQ, even though it might be just variance I'd like some tips as I've started changing my opinion about this hands strength in full ring.
      What do you like to do preflop against a semi decent TAG (slightly on the nittier side as most 2nl FR people are), let's make 3 scenarios
      1) Early position raise you are on the BU , call/3bet?
      They will often cbet and you'll end up folding without a piece of the flop, so best case scenario you make 1 street of value from his cbet or you're getting value towned when they continue betting most of the time.
      2)Early position raise, you are in the blinds, raise/call/fold ?
      Your hand is basically in his bottom range for pfr from UTG, I usually 3 bet and end up folding somewhere along the way, do you think folding is a decent option? Because calling is kinda bad as you are playing OOP and when you do hit it will be hard to extract value.
      3)You raise from BU/CO and get 3bet from the blinds fold/call?
      Here I sometimes call sometimes fold for kinda the same reason as 1, as the most value you can get is one street when you hit.
  • 1 reply
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      I noticed in FR one of my losing hands is AQ, even though it might be just variance I'd like some tips as I've started changing my opinion about this hands strength in full ring.
      What do you like to do preflop against a semi decent TAG (slightly on the nittier side as most 2nl FR people are), let's make 3 scenarios
      1) Early position raise you are on the BU , call/3bet?
      They will often cbet and you'll end up folding without a piece of the flop, so best case scenario you make 1 street of value from his cbet or you're getting value towned when they continue betting most of the time.
      2)Early position raise, you are in the blinds, raise/call/fold ?
      Your hand is basically in his bottom range for pfr from UTG, I usually 3 bet and end up folding somewhere along the way, do you think folding is a decent option? Because calling is kinda bad as you are playing OOP and when you do hit it will be hard to extract value.
      3)You raise from BU/CO and get 3bet from the blinds fold/call?
      Here I sometimes call sometimes fold for kinda the same reason as 1, as the most value you can get is one street when you hit.
      OK so ive never played NL2 seriously so i dont really know what the standard of play is like.

However, I do like flatting in late position alot with a hand like AQ. You need to remember that they will be c-betting into you a very high percentage of the time so they will not always have hit the flop when they bet.

The best thing you can do is experiment with different strategies. Maybe try 3-betting it from late position for value, hoping to get calls. Try floating a flop. Try four betting a 3-bet from the blinds.

Just keep trying different things and get yourself in lots of different situations and you will learn quickly.