[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - Mid set, board gets soaked.

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Howdy ho. Spendind some time on NL2: any big mistakes in the hand? Where to improve?

Full Tilt - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: $2.18
      Hero (BTN): $2.00
      SB: $0.79
      BB: $2.99
      UTG: $1.64

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:heart: T:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) T:club: 5:diamond: Q:club:
      UTG bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.20, UTG calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.55, 2 players) 9:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

River: ($1.15, 2 players) Q:heart:
      UTG bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.15, UTG calls $0.63 and is all-in

Villain was 30/15/ AF 1 but I didn't have better reads.

Thanks a lot!
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      omg, just looked at the hand again and spotted: what the hell is that minraise? :f_mad:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Preflop: Pretty standard spot to set-mine.
      Flop: And the min-raise on such a drawy board is really horrible, basically you are giving him odds to Call with any draw. I'd raise it like to $0,40.
      Turn: Completed a draw although I don't think that I would skip the Bet here, sometimes I do Check behind depending on the opponent although when I don't really think that he is going to Check/Raise anyways then we can easily bet as well here. Although I would do it a bit bigger like at least $0,40.
      River: Ship it.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Flop: And the min-raise on such a drawy board is really horrible, basically you are giving him odds to Call with any draw. I'd raise it like to $0,40.
      Yeah, brain blurp. I have to study more donkbets anyway, it has something to do with that.

Turn: Completed a draw although I don't think that I would skip the Bet here, sometimes I do Check behind depending on the opponent although when I don't really think that he is going to Check/Raise anyways then we can easily bet as well here. Although I would do it a bit bigger like at least $0,40.
      I thought I'd be losing lots of value if checked back, plus I would not be protecting vs. redraws.

I bet a bit more than 1/2 pot because: a) I'm not aiming at fold equity at all; b) he wouldn't have odds to redraw anyway (even though that's close), so if he calls with one club that's a mistake of him as I'm 100% folding the river w/ 4 clubs; c) it would be cheaper to drop it if check-raised OTT. Of course I might play different this hand vs. an aggro, but against this passive guy I can afford letting go the hand if he check-raises.

Am I too wrong in the reasoning? Why would your bet be bigger OTT?

River: Ship it.
      Well, I did as I had him covered. He snap called and showed QT. Sh*t happens.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Am I too wrong in the reasoning? Why would your bet be bigger OTT?

Basically you will get more money in on river and as well the pot will be bigger and he will feel more committed. :D Although I see now that he doesn't have even a full stack but I guess I would still bet it bigger.