• gsergiul
      As a beginner starting with such stats is rather discouraging, does the ev/bb mean I'm a winning player and that the sample size just isn't enough? Will I be a winning player in the long term? How many hands is a good sample size ? 100k+ hands?
      Anyone else here started with a huge downswing? It's kinda hard to even tell myself that it's a downswing, I heard that some people change their "WINNING" styles during such periods and it's a bad thing but as a starter you don't even know if your style is a winning one as you have no prior results to begin with so it's rather confusing.
  • 3 replies
    • Heffron89
      By looking at those stats you posted its for sure downswing as u run 30dollar under ev, but those were the only stats u posted so its really hard to judge if ur allso playing bad.

And yes 100k hands is a good sample size too see where u at, 18k hands is nothing.
    • minoepoe
      You should analyse your play and post some of the major losses or showdown winnings hands to make sure it's a downswing. Don't assume it's a downswing because of a single stat, you might have quite a few leaks to plug.
    • JuiceQuadre
      its very hard to say whether u are winning player and if so, what is your real bb/100. So what you should do is you shouldnt care too much and you should work on ur game and let the results come. It must be discouraging for begginner to experience downswing like that. Yea i think that is quite some downswing, even if you have many leaks you really run bad here.

I think its actually a big achievement that you havent decided to quit yet and you keep going. Keep that up sir. Put more hands in. Analyze. Watch videos etc.

good luck