[NL20-NL50] NL 20 KJ vs fish , river play ?

• MrBrilliant
      MrBrilliant
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.80)
      BB ($23.07)
      UTG ($20)
      Hero ($20.30)
      BTN ($50.67)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) T:spade: A:diamond: Q:club:

BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, BB calls $1.20

TURN ($6.30) T:spade: A:diamond: Q:club: K:spade:

BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $5.55, BB calls $4.35

RIVER ($17.40) T:spade: A:diamond: Q:club: K:spade: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $11.65 (AI), BB calls $11.65

stats: vpip 51 pfr 11 agfactor 1.6 wts 34
      on the river It was better to just check ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MrBrilliant,

Flop: Try asking yourself, what would be the best line here, by that I mean extract value from the fish? Do you really think that min-raising should work the best? If he really had any kind of hand like Ax or QJ or whatsoever for a draw. When he really wants to continue then he likely will continue to a bigger raise as well while he is loose player. Therefore I'd even consider raising bigger like at least $4.

As played
      Turn: Guess seems to be somewhat fine, we taking his donk-bet us nothing and just calculate it into the pot and our Bet should be something similar.
      River: Here as well, it's somewhat close while few 2pairs completed like AT/AQ, even backdoor flushdraw completed which might be the case for them. And while he is rather loose player then I do still consider shipping it here as well and he might even have the trips only. While a lot of players who tend to hit the FH or whatsoever here would just ship themselves. But definitely it's pretty thin value while he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse and we might ship it for just a split here anyways and pay rake.

Best regards.