++++ The Daily Dollar thread+++

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      If you play the Daily Dollar rebuy at 19:15 pm GMT, please post in this thread to keep track of each other's progress and make rail requests.

I play that tourney every day and my Full Tilt ID is noname65.
  • 587 replies
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Nice one Belyad!

Can't play tonight, but a little tip of mine is to rebuy before the start of the tournament. Start with 3000 chips.

Play the BSS.

Aim to get 10k+ chips before the add on break, if you do, do not add on. If you're under 10k, add on.

If everything goes well, you'll be able to play the BSS all the way towards ITM. Once ITM, tighten up a little bit and play the S&G strategy. If at any stage your chip stack is only -40 BB, play the S&G strategy.

So get your starting hand charts in front of you, be patient, be aggressive.

Also, if you're accustomed with your table, feel free to make some decisions yourself without the starting hand charts. I.E K9s is a nice hand to have, if you don't hit post flop, check/fold. Depending on how well you know your opponent, don't be afraid to bluff.

Good luck tonight! Hath no fear.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks very much, Dan! :)

How many total rebuys are recommended before giving up on the tournament during the rebuy round? My first one I only bought in and rebought once at the start, then added on, total investment $3. In my second one I rebought so many times my total investment was $11. That's godawful BRM.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      At the addon break there are about 2,160 left and the prize pool is about $8,200, with top 324 getting paid. I have about 8.5K chips.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Thanks very much, Dan! :)

How many total rebuys are recommended before giving up on the tournament during the rebuy round? My first one I only bought in and rebought once at the start, then added on, total investment $3. In my second one I rebought so many times my total investment was $11. That's godawful BRM.
      As far as I know the most +ev way to play rebuys is to always rebuy and always addon (regardless of how big your stack is). I think the logic behind this is that when you rebuy or addon the chips you get are worth more $ev than they cost. But this does mean that for BRM purposes you need to think of a 1$ rebuy tourney as a 5$ freezout tourney (if its 3R+a) or like a ~10$ freezout tourney if its unlimited rebuy. Of course sometimes you end up rebuying less times, but this is really just equivalent to you winning more rather than investing less. So if you are playing them with a BR too small for 10$ tourneys you are technically taking a shot outside brm, but shots are fun and worthwhile anyway so its all good :)

best o luck btw! ship it! :s_cool:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      At second synchronized break, there are 1,448 left and I've shot up to 66th place with about 23K chips. Here's my big hand so far:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $160(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8,810)
      BB ($10,320)
      UTG ($6,000)
      UTG+1 ($11,080)
      UTG+2 ($10,135)
      MP1 ($2,420)
      MP2 ($6,700)
      CO ($22,090)
      Hero ($13,724)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $560, SB raises to $1,440, fold, Hero calls $880

FLOP ($3,040) Q:club: Q:spade: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2,128, SB raises to $7,370 (AI), Hero calls $5,242

TURN ($17,780) Q:club: Q:spade: 6:club: 5:spade:

RIVER ($17,780) Q:club: Q:spade: 6:club: 5:spade: 9:heart:

Hero shows T:heart: T:spade:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 72.4%, Turn 86.4%)

SB shows K:spade: A:club:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 27.6%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $17,780
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Disaster hand #1:

NL Holdem $200(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8,480)
      BB ($7,600)
      UTG ($13,080)
      UTG+1 ($9,255)
      UTG+2 ($1,860)
      MP1 ($6,460)
      MP2 ($21,610)
      Hero ($23,174)
      BTN ($5,130)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $600, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $23,174 (AI), fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $12,480 (AI)

FLOP ($26,460) A:club: J:diamond: T:diamond:

TURN ($26,460) A:club: J:diamond: T:diamond: 4:diamond:

RIVER ($26,460) A:club: J:diamond: T:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 48.3%, Turn 40.9%)

UTG shows K:spade: A:diamond:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 51.7%, Turn 59.1%)

UTG wins $26,460

And disaster hand number 2:

NL Holdem $200(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4,830)
      BB ($8,380)
      UTG ($7,600)
      UTG+1 ($21,560)
      UTG+2 ($9,255)
      MP1 ($4,860)
      MP2 ($6,160)
      CO ($26,170)
      Hero ($12,694)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $200, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1,000, Hero raises to $12,694 (AI), fold, fold, fold, CO calls $11,694

FLOP ($25,888) 6:spade: 3:spade: Q:diamond:

TURN ($25,888) 6:spade: 3:spade: Q:diamond: 7:heart:

RIVER ($25,888) 6:spade: 3:spade: Q:diamond: 7:heart: J:diamond:

CO shows A:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 87.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows K:club: K:spade:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 12.8%, Turn 4.5%)

CO wins $25,888
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Ouch, pretty unlucky there dude. Don't get to downbeat about that though, sheer bad luck.

I find that early on most players are making 'donk' moves, sometimes the player is genuine but if you're watching the progress for long enough you understand their range better.

Paying attention for the first hour is worth it, play patiently, wait for the hands and take them down. Raising between 4x and 3x BB, even if it runs late on. Keep up the same image throughout. You're aggressive, you raise at least 3BB and you aren't going to change that.

BTW, you're raising to quickly on the first disaster hand. You've got just over 100 BB, re-raise is fine, but if he re-raises you, fold. I know, it's hard to get away from but sometimes you can, you should at the very least be thinking that this is an option.

2nd disaster hand is just bad luck.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DanMeaks
      Ouch, pretty unlucky there dude. Don't get to downbeat about that though, sheer bad luck.

I find that early on most players are making 'donk' moves, sometimes the player is genuine but if you're watching the progress for long enough you understand their range better.

Paying attention for the first hour is worth it, play patiently, wait for the hands and take them down. Raising between 4x and 3x BB, even if it runs late on. Keep up the same image throughout. You're aggressive, you raise at least 3BB and you aren't going to change that.

BTW, you're raising to quickly on the first disaster hand. You've got just over 100 BB, re-raise is fine, but if he re-raises you, fold. I know, it's hard to get away from but sometimes you can, you should at the very least be thinking that this is an option.

2nd disaster hand is just bad luck.
      even on the 2nd he could 3 bet instead of shoving, I think you shove too much IMO. In a tournament when you shove your putting your whole game at risk, even if he as AA, KA QA AJ and catches his A your screwed, to eliminate those hands u can 3 bet, then 4 bet if he is still comming at you then you know your facing AA KA QA and can think about folding, remember your stack with that many BB folding can be the best option

of course if he is a complete idiot then you have to go broke, like today I ran into AA with my KK but the guy was shoving crap so thats jsuy my luck.

Ill drop you with a Phil Gordon quote "If you have KK and facing a 4th raise, it's usually an AA"
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      True, I thought about saying something like that but as strategy dictates (from PS.com) you keep raising, so can see why he shoved. Could get away with raising to 3000, and if he shoves, you fold.

Both hands are difficult to pass up, but it's something to learn from the next time you play!
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Just as a side note, my average flops seen in MTT like the daily dollar is 14%.

Don't know if that's important, but has seen me do well so far.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Yesterday's events kind of soured me on the Daily Dollar. If I can go from 23K chips down to 0 chips in the space of five hands before I'm even ITM, then I don't know whether I can be successful at this tournament.

I'm also not rolled for the Daily Dollar, even the freezeout, let alone the rebuy. I don't have the $200 in my Full Tilt account that I need in order to make playing the Daily Dollar freezeout profitable. And if I'm rebuying an average of 6 times, I'd need $1,200 in my account to play the rebuy. With that kind of bankroll I'd rather play live. So I don't know whether I'm going to bother playing either event today. Maybe tomorrow.

I do like the 27-man SNGs, tho. They're just deep enough but not too deep. The 45-mans don't offer a good enough prize structure.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that Belayd, maybe take a week off (something I'm considering, serious overload of Poker gaming/information) and come back refreshed?

I'm playing it tonight, anyone else around? For a change I'm on a tight table, kinda miss the all ins every other hand. Slight dent early on, plenty of time to go though.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by DanMeaks
      Sorry to hear that Belayd, maybe take a week off (something I'm considering, serious overload of Poker gaming/information) and come back refreshed?

I'm playing it tonight, anyone else around? For a change I'm on a tight table, kinda miss the all ins every other hand. Slight dent early on, plenty of time to go though.
      I'm in the rebuy right now. I've been card dead for 45 minutes and have played two hands--both losses. So far I've invested $4 and have about 1,200 chips with the addon period coming up. This doesn't look promising.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Yeah, i bust out with 2 pair only for the big stack to have a set. Rebuy x2 just before the current break.

Otherwise card dead, so patience i guess. Few suited connecters missing the flop. Not had much luck today, keep getting myself into 3 or 4 way situations and finding it hard to fold.

3000 chips = 60BB = BSS. If only the cards came! Decided to stick strictly to the BSS for now, if i lose a chunk of chips, go to the S&G strategy.

Bit frustrating that I've had zero premium hands. Never ran this card dead before. (not just this tournament)

lol, just got AKo. Hit a K on the turn, checked behind (idiot) and the guy got 2 pair on the river. Called me with J5o, big stack.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I've got two donkeys at my table and one is verbally abusive. Thinks he's a good player. :p Both have megastacks from sucking out. But such players rarely last long past the addon break.

I rebought and am up to about 2.7K chips. Addon will give me 4.7K, which won't be enough unless my cards improve.

If I bust out after addon break I'll rail you. You're DanMeaks on FT, right?
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Seriously, once card dead. No more. bBut i'm still getting sucked out on. 1 more rebuy then I'm calling it a night.

DanofDerby at FT.

Restarting as of now (lol).
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Just saw you bust out. Come rail me.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      I'm not playing any more.

Obviously, I'm making a lot of mistakes. Hard day today, not getting the right cards only for my 72o to hit a full house on the flop. Getting the right cards, only for them to be beat or to miss.

Not in the right frame of mind either, so probably adding to my sucking so badly today!

Lesson for me today, do not play with frustration/tilt.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Currently 102nd with a 14k stack