This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 KQ overplay IP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $26.00
      SB:
      $52.73
      BB:
      $30.07
      MP3:
      $25.01
      CO:
      $26.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      MP3 raises to $0.85, CO folds, Hero calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.8) 7, 4, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $1.90, Hero raises to $6.00, SB folds, MP3 calls $4.10.

Turn: ($14.8) A (2 players)
      MP3 checks,Hero bets $19.15(All-In)

Villain-unknown.Now I dont like my play that much.I think that while playing I didnt realize that it was a 3 handed pot so villain's cbetting range should be rather tight on this board.If I had seen that then I probably would have folded on the flop.2 handed I think that the play should be reasonable(or mb slightly overplayed) because he isnt representing that much vs 1 opponent with a cbet on this board and after my shove on the A turn he can only call with 7x/boat/strong A(which is unlikely).Any feedback?
  • 2 replies
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Why not raise preflop? KQo is nod good enough for a call imho...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can call or 3-bet KQ, I think both options are fine
      Don´t like your postflop game, since you don´t have any equity if get called.
      You´re not really reping much on the turn, so you have to hope player is capable folding his 88-KK, which a lot of players are, at the same time he would likely c/c his A high flushdraws and he may slowplay on the flop 7x or boat
      So if you want to make him fold his 88-KK then you can also bet 9$ and then give up on the river