[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 KQ overplay IP

• jozata
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      MP3 raises to $0.85, CO folds, Hero calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.8) 7, 4, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $1.90, Hero raises to $6.00, SB folds, MP3 calls $4.10.

Turn: ($14.8) A (2 players)
      MP3 checks,Hero bets $19.15(All-In)

Villain-unknown.Now I dont like my play that much.I think that while playing I didnt realize that it was a 3 handed pot so villain's cbetting range should be rather tight on this board.If I had seen that then I probably would have folded on the flop.2 handed I think that the play should be reasonable(or mb slightly overplayed) because he isnt representing that much vs 1 opponent with a cbet on this board and after my shove on the A turn he can only call with 7x/boat/strong A(which is unlikely).Any feedback?
  • 2 replies
    • mChavez
      Why not raise preflop? KQo is nod good enough for a call imho...
    • Kaitz20
      you can call or 3-bet KQ, I think both options are fine
      Don´t like your postflop game, since you don´t have any equity if get called.
      You´re not really reping much on the turn, so you have to hope player is capable folding his 88-KK, which a lot of players are, at the same time he would likely c/c his A high flushdraws and he may slowplay on the flop 7x or boat
      So if you want to make him fold his 88-KK then you can also bet 9$ and then give up on the river