This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 SH AKs against 1/2 pot bet

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $30.65
      Hero:
      $27.22

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $2.25, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.85) 4:diamond: , Q:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.85

Villain is unknown, but since he min-raised, maybe 4-bet pre-flop 7$. Not sure calling the shove^^- On the flop not sure where I´m at, but at least I have 3 clean out for J. Maybe my A, K, runner-runner spades are also good+ he could have AJ:D I think that I can call turn and re-evaluate on the river:)
  • 3 replies
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Isn't it OK to 4bet and then call his shove equity and potequity-wise? Even against AA-TT and other AK's, or is it marginal/a bit -ev? I'm not that good with equity so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. TT are perhaps a stretch but I think that its a real possibility of him overplaying JJ at least?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Meh, I don't like this hand.
      I'd 4-bet preflop with AKs after a minraise. Might just call if he made a standard raise though.

On the flop, I don't see myself folding that easily to a simple halfpot contibet. You got 2 overcards, a gutshot and a backdoor nut flush (and backdoor royal draw, but ok :D ).
      That's 12 outs (2x3 + 4 + 2) ... let's make it 8.5-9 discounted outs for if you're up against a squeezing AA,KK,a set or a draw. Good enough to call in my book, might even be good enough to raise with.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I reraise preflop - he may have a much weaker hand as you often just steal-/isolation-raise. On the flop, I'd call his weak bet and try to float him.