[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 SH AKs against 1/2 pot bet

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $30.65
      Hero:
      $27.22

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $2.25, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.85) 4:diamond: , Q:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.85

Villain is unknown, but since he min-raised, maybe 4-bet pre-flop 7$. Not sure calling the shove^^- On the flop not sure where I´m at, but at least I have 3 clean out for J. Maybe my A, K, runner-runner spades are also good+ he could have AJ:D I think that I can call turn and re-evaluate on the river:)
  • 3 replies
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Isn't it OK to 4bet and then call his shove equity and potequity-wise? Even against AA-TT and other AK's, or is it marginal/a bit -ev? I'm not that good with equity so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. TT are perhaps a stretch but I think that its a real possibility of him overplaying JJ at least?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Meh, I don't like this hand.
      I'd 4-bet preflop with AKs after a minraise. Might just call if he made a standard raise though.

On the flop, I don't see myself folding that easily to a simple halfpot contibet. You got 2 overcards, a gutshot and a backdoor nut flush (and backdoor royal draw, but ok :D ).
      That's 12 outs (2x3 + 4 + 2) ... let's make it 8.5-9 discounted outs for if you're up against a squeezing AA,KK,a set or a draw. Good enough to call in my book, might even be good enough to raise with.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I reraise preflop - he may have a much weaker hand as you often just steal-/isolation-raise. On the flop, I'd call his weak bet and try to float him.