Why does everyone keep saying FT is rigged?

• 72 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      No, some ppl are just retarded
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      No, some ppl are just retarded
      [/thread]
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      You mean it's not???
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze

Stock up on your tin foil hats folks
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06
      RE: Why does everyone keep saying FT is rigged?.

because it is! Simple as that :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      FT is rigged
    • Albeback
      Albeback
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattisks

+1 it defo is
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi CHARMANDER06

This is not unique to Full Tilt, if you search the forums you will find "rigged" threads for each and every poker room. There is a school of thought that runs that poker sites manipulate outcomes to ensure players lose, reload, and pay more rake.

If you read these threads, you will usually read a number of types of posts:

i. The original post (OP) stating how they have lost money, see their premium hands get beaten by worse hands, even as dominating favourite, time and time again.

ii. A number of posts agreeing with the OP saying how it can't be possible to have so many bad results. Usually there will be no decent backup to these claims, they will use emotive language, offer no evidence of any veracity to back up what they claim.

iii. A number of posts trolling the OP and type ii posts. Why? Because it's funny to start with. After a while most of these types of trolls stop because it ceases to be fun given the ridiculous number of "rigged" threads that show up on a daily basis for years and years and years.

There of course will be the hard core trolls that will post in all such threads, because their sense of humour is completely warped. Eventually these trolls either turn to stone, or get promoted to moderator. :f_eek:

iv. A couple of well meaning posters will make reasoned statements, usually not backed up to be fair, but given the enormous volume of poker hands analysed over the whole history of online poker, I don't think they need too much referencing tbh. There will be those that disagree with this statement. There are those that believe Elvis is still alive.

In the end most will conclude if the OP author plays solid poker, really works hard on their game, understands the impact of bank roll management, variance and rake on results, that they will give themselves the best opportunity to beat the game. There are enough examples of successful poker players on this site to show that if you work hard enough and study well enough you can win money.

v. An odd post, seldom seen, explaining all of the above.

Trust this helps.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hi CHARMANDER06

This is not unique to Full Tilt, if you search the forums you will find "rigged" threads for each and every poker room. There is a school of thought that runs that poker sites manipulate outcomes to ensure players lose, reload, and pay more rake.

i. The original post (OP) stating how they have lost money, see their premium hands get beaten by worse hands, even as dominating favourite, time and time again.

ii. A number of posts agreeing with the OP saying how it can't be possible to have so many bad results. Usually there will be no decent backup to these claims, they will use emotive language, offer no evidence of any veracity to back up what they claim.

iii. A number of posts trolling the OP and type ii posts. Why? Because it's funny to start with. After a while most of these types of trolls stop because it ceases to be fun given the ridiculous number of "rigged" threads that show up on a daily basis for years and years and years.

There of course will be the hard core trolls that will post in all such threads, because their sense of humour is completely warped. Eventually these trolls either turn to stone, or get promoted to moderator. :f_eek:

iv. A couple of well meaning posters will make reasoned statements, usually not backed up to be fair, but given the enormous volume of poker hands analysed over the whole history of online poker, I don't think they need too much referencing tbh. There will be those that disagree with this statement. There are those that believe Elvis is still alive.

In the end most will conclude if the OP author plays solid poker, really works hard on their game, understands the impact of bank roll management, variance and rake on results, that they will give themselves the best opportunity to beat the game. There are enough examples of successful poker players on this site to show that if you work hard enough and study well enough you can win money.

Trust this helps.
      +1 :P
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by mattisks

:D :D :D
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hi CHARMANDER06

Trust this helps.

Great, this is a very constructive post! Yeah I was starting to get worried because I actually noticed some good playes agreeing with these types of post and sometimes its fairly hard to detect a troll//sarcasm.

Thanks!
    • kennyclr
      kennyclr
      Bronze
      Actually I feel that alot of players says that the poker site are not rigged, which I believe and hope it is not. What if it is? I mean, how could we players/customers know it is rigged or not? Unless someone worked for the company programme tells us... :f_o:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Because there would be anomalies in hand histories that wouldn't make any sense. And I'm not talking 1k or 10k hands, I'm talking bajillions (technical term). If there was systematic deception taking place, hand history analysis would show this - at least this is the argument I've chosen to believe.

Added to this are posts on "rigged" threads over time from respectable sources citing things like the technical difficulties of rigging in real time, the fact the software of almost all major sites are subject to audit, tend to make me believe those starting/agreeing with rigged threads are either:

i. Bad
      ii. Suffering from negative variance and bad.
      iii. Paying too much rake so their winrate is eroded, added to the fact they aren't very good.
      iv. Have a short term view, suffer from confirmation bias and need to work harder on their game.
      v. Like preparing numbered lists.

Ultimately, some people chose to believe poker sites are rigged. If this is true, their best option is to stop playing immediately, withdraw all their funds, and never play online poker again. The fact that a considerable proportion of those players suggesting riggedness (another technical term) continue to play online poker, pretty much confirms for me how much weight I should give their views.

Everyone to their own of course. I've got to run, I've got a lunch date with Elvis and if I'm late all that'll be left is the side salad.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Don't listen to WAIBOY!!!

HE IS ONE OF THEM!!!

I'll bet that he is bathing right now in FT money for replying those posts!!!

SPAWN OF SATAN,BEGONE!!!
    • Sviestazis
      Sviestazis
      Bronze
      totoaly agree to Waiboy, and if you loose for exmaple with AK against 24 it is normal, because poker involves luck, it is simple and cards comes out randomly. If there is something rigged then sooner or later that can be seen in hand history and other places. So keep trolling or learn to play.

Sorry for my bad english :D
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sviestazis
      totoaly agree to Waiboy, and if you loose for exmaple with AK against 24 it is normal, because poker involves luck, it is simple and cards comes out randomly. If there is something rigged then sooner or later that can be seen in hand history and other places. So keep trolling or learn to play.

Sorry for my bad english :D
      He is one of them too!!! IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!!!
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Rigged means that not 100% of players make profit.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      Don't listen to WAIBOY!!!

HE IS ONE OF THEM!!!

I'll bet that he is bathing right now in FT money for replying those posts!!!

SPAWN OF SATAN,BEGONE!!!
    • Sviestazis
      Sviestazis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Rigged means that not 100% of players make profit.
      and what is so bad about it, in every game there is winners and loosers, we need to face it, in some poker games you will win big time in some games you will loose, am i crying that i loose pretty much, no, because i need to learn more about playing, but most of the crying players is noobs and dont know how to play, they even didnt read some usefull info about hands and what to do with them, they only play, make very stupid mistakes and then come here and cry: "oh, i just lost against 3-4, poker room is rigged or somthing". Come on, stop cry, grow up, learn or quit playing. Sorry for these words but i am sick of you, every day need to watch how ppl are crying.