[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush, MSS, QQ c-bet

• outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      The MSS charts say I should c-bet the flop, but here I'm OOP and Villain has shown some kind of strength by calling my reraise (it's likely that he had an A). So, would it have been wrong to check/call or even check/fold here?

I think I also made the mistake of betting too small, basically giving him odds to shove the flop. What do you think?

Thank you!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $4.41
      MP2:
      $2.85
      MP3:
      $1.68
      CO:
      $7.30
      BU:
      $5.21
      SB (Hero):
      $2.24
      BB:
      $2.21
      UTG1:
      $2.03
      UTG2:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.25) A, 8, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, MP3 raises to $1.08(All-In), Hero calls $0.54.

Turn: ($3.41) 2 (2 players)

River: ($3.41) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.41.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qs Qc).
      MP3 shows a pair of aces(Qh Ac).

MP3 wins with a pair of aces(Qh Ac).
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by outspan
      The MSS charts say I should c-bet the flop, but here I'm OOP and Villain has shown some kind of strength by calling my reraise (it's likely that he had an A). So, would it have been wrong to check/call or even check/fold here?

I think I also made the mistake of betting too small, basically giving him odds to shove the flop. What do you think?
      Hey,

He doesn't really show that much strength by calling. Nevertheless I would still cBet the Flop because you block AQ, AK is ruled out so the only Ax he can have is AJ. One can also check/call but then you allow him to play perfect versus you because he is in control

Best regards,
      Gerv