[NL2-NL10] NL5 TT utg2

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      I am not sure, but still I think this is doable. I call his cbet because he bets really small so I think I have the necessary odds. King is in his range pretty often, but as well are weaker pairs (I even beat some of them). However I don´t think I am going to make him fold QQ-JJ that spot with one float anyway, I rather think I´d have to call twice and take it on the river. Which is imo pretty useless @ the micros.

Known players:       
      UTG1:
      $2,96
      Hero:
      $12,96

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:heart: , T:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0,15, Hero calls $0,15, 7 folds.

Flop: ($0,37) K:spade: , 3:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0,15, Hero calls $0,15.

Turn: ($0,67) 8:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0,3, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,67
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Guess the safest play would be definitely to fold, although against his 1/2 bet size I'd just Call and if we get a free showdown then we get a note as well on him. He may do that as well even with bluffs.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      You mean you´d call the turn as well ? And flop is default call you say ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      You mean you´d call the turn as well ? And flop is default call you say ?
      Yeah, flop is still a default Call. He is CBetting his whole range there. And mainly I would Call the turn as well and as I said the safest play would be to fold it. But I do like such Calls and often even take notes on those kind of plays. Such 1/2 bets are likely weak unless you have seen him doing that frequently.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      I don´t think they often go bet/bet with air even when they make it that small. More often it´s their value - line. And he doesn´t have that many hands in his range that I beat. There are few weaker pairs, but there are no draws @ all on the board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I don´t think they often go bet/bet with air even when they make it that small. More often it´s their value - line. And he doesn´t have that many hands in his range that I beat. There are few weaker pairs, but there are no draws @ all on the board.
      It's not only the reason for win the pot. Sometimes there might still cases that we do win and in long run we might even win some money. Main reason is to pick up his betting pattern and in long run win money back from him. Basically as in next time we see him betting this way we just raise with any 2 cards and take down the pot as if we saw him doing that kind of bet like with JJ/QQ.

Therefore is the play as well sometimes for me that I just do turn my hand into bluff and raise.