[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aa Mp2

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Weird hand ... What do you think the best action is here ? Maybe folding is a bit weak, but the point is, that if I raise, i can´t fold anymore against his stack if he shoves.

Known players:       
      UTG2:
      $2,76
      Hero:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,05, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,57) 7:club: , 6:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,57, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,57
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Nah, I wouldn't actually say that folding is weak here. He mainly is really representing in his limping range a PP and which even did hit on flop and now tries to protect maybe from draws. So therefore I wouldn't say that folding there is totally out of question, might even be the safest play. Would be pretty ugly if we Call and then face another bet on turn which is pot size.

Although of course depends once again on the opponent. :D

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      What´s the standard play here against full stack ? Raise/folding even if he pots it ???

Btw. just realised it´s over midnight which means I can post only 20 hands now but can´t use the 20 from yesterday :f_mad: . fml.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What´s the standard play here against full stack ? Raise/folding even if he pots it ???

Basically even against that shorty I do sometimes go broke but it mainly depends on the opponent.

For example if you ask yourself, would he play any other higher PPs this way? - Yes, there are few and which they might play, but mostly no because they are willing to raise higher ones.

Would he play draws this way? - Not really, don't think that he is potting with his stack with just a draw and commit himself.

And therefore I do sometimes still Call the flop and reevaluate turn even against full stacks or either mid-stack.

Btw. just realised it´s over midnight which means I can post only 20 hands now but can´t use the 20 from yesterday :f_mad: . fml.

You could do one trick what I did always do, I did just write a .txt file and into it I did put the hands and then next time when I was able to post them I did just copy from there. :P Both questions and hands.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Would he play draws this way? - Not really, don't think that he is potting with his stack with just a draw and commit himself.
      Yeah, I rather think that if they are gonna play their (combo) draws agresivelly at all, they´re more inclined to going for c/r rather than donking in such way.

You could do one trick what I did always do, I did just write a .txt file and into it I did put the hands and then next time when I was able to post them I did just copy from there. :P Both questions and hands.
      Thanks ! What a great idea, how come I haven´t got it myself ? :f_biggrin: Will fasten up my evaluations :f_love:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thanks ! What a great idea, how come I haven´t got it myself ? :f_biggrin: Will fasten up my evaluations :f_love:

Yep, I had even my own folded. :D Evaluations and had there different categories. But just put your own ideas. :)