[NL2-NL10] AQo

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Good morning,

The raise and conti bet I play as standard - a bit more than half pot cbet since there is a flush draw.

My question is about the 2nd barrel, I thought about how BSS float and lead the turn and wondered if this player was floating here to represent FD.

You think I should have checked the turn or was it worth testing with a second barrel? Must we always check the turn if our hand does not improve?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.40
      BU:
      $13.94
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.51
      UTG1:
      $12.70
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $4.55
      MP1:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $17.00
      MP3:
      $10.65

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 5, T, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP2 calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.25) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 raises to $6.64, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.75.

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AKM247
      The raise and conti bet I play as standard - a bit more than half pot cbet since there is a flush draw.
      Meh I just bet close to pot for max value, this is way too small of a bet on the Flop

My question is about the 2nd barrel, I thought about how BSS float and lead the turn and wondered if this player was floating here to represent FD.

You think I should have checked the turn or was it worth testing with a second barrel? Must we always check the turn if our hand does not improve?M
      Do you think he will float light with hands like J:c9 ?? That's the main quesiton you have to ask yourself after you studied the BSS float articles. Moreover do you see this guy as a solid TAG player or a giant fish?

Furthermore you have to see his range when calling your cbet as well. personally your equity sucks on the TUrn and your FEQ is almost non existent so betting the Turn is pretty much spew

- Gerv