[NL2-NL10] AJo 3bet

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Good morning,

I would have been happy taking the pot down with my 3bet, but after the villain calls I think the flop looks good enough for a cbet - with two pair and BDFD - first I would like to know if you think this is fine?

When villain calls the flop bet, I start to think he is on a FD - whent he Qs comes on the turn, in retrospect I think I should have checked maybe instead of shoving - I would like your opinion on this please?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $14.79
      CO:
      $7.15
      BU:
      $10.10
      SB (Hero):
      $4.55
      BB:
      $3.53
      MP1:
      $10.81
      MP2:
      $10.54

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, BU folds.

Flop: ($2.1) 8, 8, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, BB calls $1.63(All-In).

River: ($8.38) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.38.

Results follow:

BB shows a flush, ace high(9s 5s).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Js Ah).

BB wins with a flush, ace high(9s 5s).

Thanks again,
      AKM
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I don't like your cBet because you are way ahead or way behind so check/calling there is the best play

As played on the Turn I would check/call yes for the same reasons mentioned above only the effect is drastically less

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • zwink
      zwink
      Bronze
      Can you elaborate more on why you don't like the cbet?

I know we are WA/WB here but I don't think 8x is a significant part of his range here so we are really only behind AK and AQ. I also feel like he will often call with just a flush draw which is +EV for us since he doesn't have the odds to call. And in all other cases we pick up the dead money.

I seems to me cbet is the better play OTF, but if you can change my mind and save me money in the future I will be happy.

Thanks
    • zwink
      zwink
      Bronze
      sorry forgot to toggle the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread option of my previos post.

thank you
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zwink
      Can you elaborate more on why you don't like the cbet?

I know we are WA/WB here but I don't think 8x is a significant part of his range here so we are really only behind AK and AQ. I also feel like he will often call with just a flush draw which is +EV for us since he doesn't have the odds to call. And in all other cases we pick up the dead money.

I seems to me cbet is the better play OTF, but if you can change my mind and save me money in the future I will be happy.

Thanks
      I don't think villain has A8-AT often so if you take that out of his range, you are just cutting your EV by cbetting here with a SPR of 1.5

He doesn't have that many flushdraws (tell me which ones there are mostly and how many combo's are those?)

Picking up dead money is not a main reason to bet. you either bet as bluff or 4 value

- Gerv