This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo 3bet

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Good morning,

I would have been happy taking the pot down with my 3bet, but after the villain calls I think the flop looks good enough for a cbet - with two pair and BDFD - first I would like to know if you think this is fine?

When villain calls the flop bet, I start to think he is on a FD - whent he Qs comes on the turn, in retrospect I think I should have checked maybe instead of shoving - I would like your opinion on this please?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $14.79
      CO:
      $7.15
      BU:
      $10.10
      SB (Hero):
      $4.55
      BB:
      $3.53
      MP1:
      $10.81
      MP2:
      $10.54

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, BU folds.

Flop: ($2.1) 8, 8, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, BB calls $1.63(All-In).

River: ($8.38) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.38.

Results follow:

BB shows a flush, ace high(9s 5s).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Js Ah).

BB wins with a flush, ace high(9s 5s).

Thanks again,
      AKM
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I don't like your cBet because you are way ahead or way behind so check/calling there is the best play

As played on the Turn I would check/call yes for the same reasons mentioned above only the effect is drastically less

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • zwink
      zwink
      Bronze
      Can you elaborate more on why you don't like the cbet?

I know we are WA/WB here but I don't think 8x is a significant part of his range here so we are really only behind AK and AQ. I also feel like he will often call with just a flush draw which is +EV for us since he doesn't have the odds to call. And in all other cases we pick up the dead money.

I seems to me cbet is the better play OTF, but if you can change my mind and save me money in the future I will be happy.

Thanks
    • zwink
      zwink
      Bronze
      sorry forgot to toggle the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread option of my previos post.

thank you
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zwink
      Can you elaborate more on why you don't like the cbet?

I know we are WA/WB here but I don't think 8x is a significant part of his range here so we are really only behind AK and AQ. I also feel like he will often call with just a flush draw which is +EV for us since he doesn't have the odds to call. And in all other cases we pick up the dead money.

I seems to me cbet is the better play OTF, but if you can change my mind and save me money in the future I will be happy.

Thanks
      I don't think villain has A8-AT often so if you take that out of his range, you are just cutting your EV by cbetting here with a SPR of 1.5

He doesn't have that many flushdraws (tell me which ones there are mostly and how many combo's are those?)

Picking up dead money is not a main reason to bet. you either bet as bluff or 4 value

- Gerv