This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      UTG+2:
      $10
      Hero:
      $9.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 raises to $0.50, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.70, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.70) Q:heart: , 9:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, UTG+2 raises to $8.30 (All-In), Hero raises to $8.20 (All-In).

I think I should've made my flopbet a bit bigger here, like $3.20 - $3.50, that way I would've had slightly better odds for calling than I had now.

And the range of hands I put him on was AA-99, AQo, AQs, so even with the odds I got it was a clear call equitywise. Or is that range a bit too loose?

Turn: ($20.20) 9:heart:
      River: ($20.20) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $20.20
  • 4 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Don't bet big on non drawy flops. On a flop like this, I might even go as low as 2.20 to 2.50.

On the flop it's your choice. I think both a fold or a call are acceptable. An [88-QQ, AJ+, KQs] is an ok range to put him on preflop, on the flop itself, it could be narrowed down to [99, QQ, KQ+] (I include KQ here, but if differs on when and where the hand is played) ... I'd call most of the times, an overpair on a reraised pot is hard to lay down.

Don't bet big to become pot committed though, that's reverse logic. Being pot committed usually isn't all that fun of a situation to be in :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Q ruins everything:D . Qithout Q on the board I could put UTG+1 on TT-QQ and call easily his shove. Here I´m beaten by QQ and it´s hard to believe that UTG would shove JJ, TT.
      Since it is a dry board, betting 2,8$ is fine; I would probably bet 3$- easier to type in:D and would give UTG+2 signals that I would call his shove:) .

Imo only hand you`ll beat is AQ and he believes that you has AK or JJ. If you believe that he can make a move with tptk, then call is fine, unless you should fold^^
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I actually should've made his range 99, JJ-QQ, AQ and KQ. Since I dont know how good he I'm personally ready to put JJ in there, as well as TP. I dont know why I included AA-KK actually :O , sure, some people doesnt 4bet them, but since he only called (and which I didn't mention, he didnt snapcall it either, might not mean anything, but still) makes it less likely.

I looked it up in the equilator too, even with a narrow range of QQ, 99 and AQ im 56 vs 44 in equity so I think I really might do it again vs unknown, especially since I believe it possible him holding KQ or JJ, but perhaps thats being too naive on my part ;) .

And yes, ofc, you're right about that SonicXT :) .

And thanks for your input guys, it's really appreciated :) .
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      SonicXT made a great analysis - I totally agree.