[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      UTG+2:
      $10
      Hero:
      $9.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 raises to $0.50, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.70, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.70) Q:heart: , 9:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, UTG+2 raises to $8.30 (All-In), Hero raises to $8.20 (All-In).

I think I should've made my flopbet a bit bigger here, like $3.20 - $3.50, that way I would've had slightly better odds for calling than I had now.

And the range of hands I put him on was AA-99, AQo, AQs, so even with the odds I got it was a clear call equitywise. Or is that range a bit too loose?

Turn: ($20.20) 9:heart:
      River: ($20.20) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $20.20
  • 4 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Don't bet big on non drawy flops. On a flop like this, I might even go as low as 2.20 to 2.50.

On the flop it's your choice. I think both a fold or a call are acceptable. An [88-QQ, AJ+, KQs] is an ok range to put him on preflop, on the flop itself, it could be narrowed down to [99, QQ, KQ+] (I include KQ here, but if differs on when and where the hand is played) ... I'd call most of the times, an overpair on a reraised pot is hard to lay down.

Don't bet big to become pot committed though, that's reverse logic. Being pot committed usually isn't all that fun of a situation to be in :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Q ruins everything:D . Qithout Q on the board I could put UTG+1 on TT-QQ and call easily his shove. Here I´m beaten by QQ and it´s hard to believe that UTG would shove JJ, TT.
      Since it is a dry board, betting 2,8$ is fine; I would probably bet 3$- easier to type in:D and would give UTG+2 signals that I would call his shove:) .

Imo only hand you`ll beat is AQ and he believes that you has AK or JJ. If you believe that he can make a move with tptk, then call is fine, unless you should fold^^
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I actually should've made his range 99, JJ-QQ, AQ and KQ. Since I dont know how good he I'm personally ready to put JJ in there, as well as TP. I dont know why I included AA-KK actually :O , sure, some people doesnt 4bet them, but since he only called (and which I didn't mention, he didnt snapcall it either, might not mean anything, but still) makes it less likely.

I looked it up in the equilator too, even with a narrow range of QQ, 99 and AQ im 56 vs 44 in equity so I think I really might do it again vs unknown, especially since I believe it possible him holding KQ or JJ, but perhaps thats being too naive on my part ;) .

And yes, ofc, you're right about that SonicXT :) .

And thanks for your input guys, it's really appreciated :) .
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      SonicXT made a great analysis - I totally agree.