What to do / drink / eat to stay sharp and fresh ?

• AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I wonder - What do you do / drink / eat to stay fresh and shark during a long session, what do you do about being tired ? I just do not want to spend 8 hours every day sleeping and coffe does not seem to work anymore :D

Any ideas ?
  • 15 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Hey.

One of the members, Schnitzelfisch, had a good thread about this a while ago, you should find some good info there!

Nutrition and Poker
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      +1 to what holme said.

definitely read that! :)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Whatever mrsjb cooks me. I find fish fingers, chips and beans to be a good healthy option, followed by a glass of wine and a packet of crisps whilst playing to keep me perky.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      mostly protein shakes filled mixed with ihufa's blood
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      -cheese (it has tons of fat, no need to exclude it, just reduce the amount)

Ex 100g cheese has 40% of the dry stuff in it, and the fat is 40% from the dry stuff.
      So 100g 40% fat cheese is in the end 16g fat.

- eggs, , just use the white of it after you had some yellow too (best biological value for proteins),

-watter: bitter and acid-tasting (ofc no sugar)

- when it comes to vegetables and you don't eat them at all start slowly. 100g day for one weak, 200g/day next one etc. go slowly until u reach 30-35g of the fibrous material (this can cause some digestion problems if you jump all of a sudden to higher consomation of it)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Go for a lot of water, less smoking if it's the case and less carbohydrates (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, corn/popcorn). For a snack go more after fat, like peanuts, and less after chips.

That's because carbohydrates make your brain foggy-lazy while fat has no effect. Of course i'm talking about small quantities. Read about the Zone Diet (even if you don't want to lose weight it's a great way to have balanced meals and a clear head).

You need 4hr/sleep per night to keep your body working, but i think 8hr/night works wonders. And while being a little tired may be acceptable, being exhausted is a good way to lose money, so don't play! Hope it helps.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      -cheese (it has tons of fat, no need to exclude it, just reduce the amount)

Ex 100g cheese has 40% of the dry stuff in it, and the fat is 40% from the dry stuff.
      So 100g 40% fat cheese is in the end 16g fat.

- eggs, , just use the white of it after you had some yellow too (best biological value for proteins),

-watter: bitter and acid-tasting (ofc no sugar)

- when it comes to vegetables and you don't eat them at all start slowly. 100g day for one weak, 200g/day next one etc. go slowly until u reach 30-35g of the fibrous material (this can cause some digestion problems if you jump all of a sudden to higher consomation of it)
      Yes! Cheese! Cheese! I love cheese! :f_grin:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      This thread has some great info.

Nutrition and poker.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      This thread has some great info.

Nutrition and poker.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      I eat fishes.
      :s_evil: NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM :s_evil:
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      I eat kid's souls.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Saruniks, have you noticed that whenever you say something, everybody stops posting and moves on.

Well...

It's same with me. I guess that makes us friends.

;(
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Saruniks, have you noticed that whenever you say something, everybody stops posting and moves on.

Well...

It's same with me. I guess that makes us friends.

;(
      I am allways LAST.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Thats true.
    • Alieaz
      Alieaz
      Bronze
      Here is what I would do:

You need to up your fluid intake and make sure you get enough electrolytes and fibre so your body can use an retain the fluid and not just flush it out.

I would cut coffee to one or two shots of espresso a day.

You're better off gorging on peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, raisins, dates, figs etc than processed snacks.

Your meals during lunch and dinner should not be too large but consist mostly of green leafy veges and lean meat. A seared stake or poached fish fillet with some, steamed spinach, green beans and carrots lightly seasoned with sage and garlic butter is a favourite of mine.

Limit (but dont completely cut out) sugars except for fruit - bananas, all citrus and the odd variety fruit is my usual thing aswell as the odd chocolate bar for sanity!

Omega oil capsules are also great for brain function aswell and rice bran oil (brown rice is good for that but its a pain in the arse to cook).

This kind of high protein, high good oils, low saturated fat and sugar diet is best for active minds. But make sure you eat little bits during the day or you will eat too much at lunch and dinner.

I hope this helps.. its just my view!