my 0.05/0.10 video

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      alright. ciRith you wanted to comment on a video. Here is one! :)

It is me playing 40 mins at Titan Poker. 4 tables, full ring, fixed limit 0.05/0.10. Funny thing is, usually I only have losing sessions. Today was a (slightly) winning session, yay! Usually I get rivered really badly at least 2 times/100 hands, but today it was ok!

I started playing poker for the first time around October, so don't expect to learn much from the video. I myself am curious though, what others think about my play. I think it is much easier to spot someone else's leaks than your own. So let's see...

About the video:
      It is 65 MB, about 800x600 and encoded with Xvid.
      I originally recorded the video at 1600x1200 and then compressed it with Mediacoder. This program works very well, but it messed up all the colors, haha! So the colors in the video look very strange, but well... the point is that you can see my actions.
      I recommend watching it full screen. I myself had a little trouble seeing all the details in the default window size.

Here's the link:
      http://darthbobo.890m.com/darthbobo_FL_FR_microlimits.mp4

Feel free to comment. :)
  • 9 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Nice 1 :) , watching it now

EDIT: there is no sound?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Table shortcuts:

Top Left: TL
      Top right: TR
      Bottom left: BL
      Bottom right: BR

3:00 TR: Bet/call the river.

5:00 BR: Don't bet the turn. Better just check/fold it. Your gushotstraightflushdraw isn't worth enough and the gutshot + flushdraw is not good enough as well to continue.

6:55 BL: Bet the river. No worse hand ill bet here but might call. If you get raised you have a hard decsion but if there is only one left you can call. If the 3rd coldcalls then you can fold.

9:22 BR: Don't bet the flop against so many opponents.

11:00 TR: Is this a 3-bet preflop by the SHC? The flop coldcall is very close because the preflop capper behind you is to act last and might 3-bet you. I think a fold is slightly better here even if you get 11:1.

19:20 BR: I think you can even raise the river again. Anybody else thinks so too.? (Btw take a note about him that he likes to donk his toppair on every street if a good card comes for him.)

29:35 BL: You can bet the flop with your 2nd pair.

29:40 TR: Better bet/call your straight on the river because you can't be sure that he bets a worse hand after his check behind on the turn.

30:30 TR: Bet/fold the flop and check/fold the turn unimproved. There is a good chance that you can make him fold a hand on the flop.

36:30 TL: Bet/call the river with you JJ. There is a good chance that he will call his T or 8 again but check them behind because of the K. Don't be scared by the K. Why should he have a K? :)

39:09 TL: Isn't that a raise with ATo preflop? (I'm not used to the SHC anymore.)

39:22 BR: Good fold. :)

I haven't noticed any very big leaks so well played. (Nice cap on the river with the straight even if the board was paired.)

One litle hint may be that you should stop keeping an eye on the losing/winning stats while playing. It may make you tilt in form of not valuebetting the river because you fear to lose the bet anyway and then yu are ven more down than if you wouldn't bhave bet the river etc.
      I know how hard t is not to look at the money while playing but if you move up in the limits the money will get much bigger and the BB stays the same but if you see yourself losing 500$ which is only 50BB at 5/10$ you may stat tilting even if you wouldn't even noticed it at 0.05/0.10$.
      (I hope it's understan dable what I've written above. :) )
    • henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      One litle hint may be that you should stop keeping an eye on the losing/winning stats while playing. It may make you tilt in form of not valuebetting the river because you fear to lose the bet anyway and then yu are ven more down than if you wouldn't bhave bet the river etc.

i think i have this already at 0,5/1, so i will stop doing this also, thanks for the tip.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      But do you guys get sound? I feel bad saying it but it's pretty boring to watch without ^^
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      @DarthBobo: Nice work! However, you should upload the video on a host i recommend here: Free hosting to upload your video files It's much faster for downloading.

@Yoghi: It's mute. Maybe the author wants you to pay attention to the actions ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for the comments.

There is not sound in the video. Perhaps after some time I'll make another video and add my sexy voice to it :) . I will upload it then at the webspace you recommended thunderbird56!
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      11:00 TR: Is this a 3-bet preflop by the SHC?
      I remember when I did that. It was a mistake. I realized too late that there was a raise before me.

The SHC says to fold AQo when there is a raise in front of you, but to raise when everybody just calls. What happened here is that I didn't see the raise in front of me, so I clicked on "raise once". That's where the 3bet came from.
      Normally, I would have folded.

29:40 TR: Better bet/call your straight on the river because you can't be sure that he bets a worse hand after his check behind on the turn.
      I don't really understand what you mean. He bets first so I can't bet myself. I can only call or raise and decided to call. Do you mean you would have raised? I think not. :) . So I'm curious what you want to tell me.

39:09 TL: Isn't that a raise with ATo preflop? (I'm not used to the SHC anymore.)
      SHC says to raise with maximum one limper. call with more limpers. In this case: 2 limpers so I called.

I'm very glad I posted this video btw. I was getting a little annoyed cause of my constant losing at the cash tables. I'm pretty sure now that I'm making good decisions overall and that things will start to get better soon.

Special thanks go to ciRith!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I remember that you were out of position at minute 29:40 TR but if you were in position then everything is fine here.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      ok I understand now what you were trying to say.