[NL2-NL10] NL5 JTs BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Pre - I think this is doable bec it´s rush, but the main aim when doing this is to make him fold while still holding a hand with good postflop playability when he calls. But I think he is not calling me with a lot of worse preflop, rather just top of his range bec rush is kinda nitier. So smth like 99+, KQ+, AJ+ but could be even tighter. Postflop I don´t think he is ever doing this with worse - c/c flop and donking turn seems rather strong to me so I don´t think I can raise and make him fold on the turn. I think he is on the Ace very often.

Known players:       
      MP3:
      $5,3
      Hero:
      $9,21

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,15, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,45, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,97) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,7, MP3 calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,37) A:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,5, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,37
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, why not to 3bet here while playing rush. They have anyways pretty wide range on MP3 and our hand is great to play postflop.
      Flop: You can do the CBet smaller here like $0,60 should work perfectly as well.
      Turn: I'd actually disagree that he always has here the Ax. Basically if I would be the opponent then it would be likely pretty standard card to bluff when I did float the flop. And from my view if this guy is a thinking guy then it could be possible. And even if he had the Ax then why he is betting it? More often it could be that he might have the 8x which thinks that you might have the Ax. But I guess there is not much you can do without specific reads.

Best regards.