I don't like sss anymore

• luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      Hello everybody! :D

I am 50 mansion points away from clearing my bonus, and 100 something points away from gold status at PS. After a lot of playing SSS I just got back to level 1 so my bankroll stands at 60$. :evil: I'm thinking is there any bonus left when I have cleared it. (so its like -180$ downswing)

This really sucks.... :(
  • 23 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi luxdelux!

I see that you only have 10 posts which means you didn't post many hands in the sample hand boards, right? I strongly recommend to do this because it improves your game a lot. Although the SSS is a relatively easy strategy: you cannot play it like a robot and win automatically.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      you forgot to mention that it's wise to visit coachings puschkin. :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I knew that you would do it :D

Thanks!
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      helemaalnicks : When did u start playing SnG, from what BR I mean

Puschkin81 : who said im playing like a robot :) situations like this happen a lot lately. For example I'm holding QQ it's a raise/reraise hand... someone raises 1$ ... according to SSS i need to re-raise... flop comes KAx ... I know I'm beat, but still I need to push all-in because the pot is twice as big as my stack.... and this has been going on for quite a while now :evil: not to mention the bad beats
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      did you watch any SSS video?

im 100% sure that you have a few leaks but if you don't at least post some hands you will remain the same

did you read the Psychology & Didactics articles, at least the downswing article?
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      well my experince (I'm sure i will be doomed by moderators :D ): i play SSS, when i win something like 1,5-2$ i start to play little bit looser.. like call AJ in early (you can afford it on low stakes tables) call with low pocket pair in middle, i dont play AK too much agresive (remember AK is DEFINITELY NOT A MADE HAND, in fact its relatively crap if you are not able to fold it in right time (AGAINST RIGHT OPONENTS)) when its going right direction and i am about 5-6$ i sometimes play hands like 9Ts, i will be definitelly playing A8-10 from late position. if i have a mediocre (like J9,Q8.. hand on SB i will probably fold it, be first to act it horrible thing) Bluff your SSS oponents or weak shortstacks (bluff means e.q. AK in hand and dry flop like 926 after preflop raise and so on...) beware of oponents slow calling, check it on river if you are the last to act (and if you are not pretty sure you havethe best hand (or near nuts hand)) and so on..blabla :P
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi Talic,

I'm not happy to hear that you're using a modified version of our strategy. :(

At least you're still doing well ;) . But anyway, please stick 100% to our SSS.

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      i dont like SS System :P i have been playing poker for a while so i think i can affourd it.. but i have a MAJOR PROBLEM i dont know how to play aces up in UTG!!!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Talic, from your previous post it is geting quite obvious that you have more major problems then Aces and UTG)

As far as I understand you want to play BSS, then why can`t you just use the simpale basic strategy to build a bankroll for NL 10 and enjoy the game? You are making it hardway right now)

I strongly recommend you stick to the basic strategy and start posting hands.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luxdelux
      Hello everybody! :D

I am 50 mansion points away from clearing my bonus, and 100 something points away from gold status at PS. After a lot of playing SSS I just got back to level 1 so my bankroll stands at 60$. :evil: I'm thinking is there any bonus left when I have cleared it. (so its like -180$ downswing)

This really sucks.... :(
      Hi Luxdelux,

Let me tell you about my SSS experience.

I joined almost 2 months ago and was really excited to be able to use a method of playing poker that I could see was going to be profitable.

I must have gone on a wicked run to start with because within a week I was playing NL 25 and made about $150.

Then I thought I hit a downswing and had to go back to NL10 and nearly had to redeposit. I was getting some horrid beats and I was negative about $150. Now I know that the beats didn't help but I am now absolutely positive that if I had have used the info on this site, posted more hands, re-read the articles and kept learning I would have at worst maybe gone back to even at the worst.

Something as simple as betting 2/3 the pot when you get a freeplay against the small blind I am sure has had a big affect on my hourly rate and I simply wasn't doing this.

I have spent the past 2-3 weeks getting back to even from about negative $100 and it is because I have found my errors by posting hands and using better players brains on this site.

Xylere will atest that at times I have become disillusioned with the information on this site but give it time and use all of the resources and your game will improve and you will see this in your results. :)
    • deathace
      deathace
      Bronze
      The SSS doesn't work too well against lucky donkeys though. Two hands in a row AKs lost to J4o (like who the hell calls a PF raise with that...) and AK lost to a KJ. Flop gave me a K, all-in, somehow I lost to his KJ. Was a flush with KJo if I'm not mistaken.
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      If someone has luck on their side for a particular hand, no strategy would have worked against them. You can't blame SSS for that.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deathace
      The SSS doesn't work too well against lucky donkeys though. Two hands in a row AKs lost to J4o (like who the hell calls a PF raise with that...) and AK lost to a KJ. Flop gave me a K, all-in, somehow I lost to his KJ. Was a flush with KJo if I'm not mistaken.
      yeah, somehow AK is loosing 1 out of 3 times to unpaired hand like J4) sample of 2 hands is a solid proove that SSS doesn`t work)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi

I think SSS works just fine, see a thread:

my stats - feel free to comment

If you see the chart after >50k hands i was on 0 even some minus BB...

You just have to be patient, dont care about lucky donks and downswings which are normal, post hands, read, re-read articles etc..
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Talic, from your previous post it is geting quite obvious that you have more major problems then Aces and UTG)

As far as I understand you want to play BSS, then why can`t you just use the simpale basic strategy to build a bankroll for NL 10 and enjoy the game? You are making it hardway right now)

believe me you are wrong, very wrong. When some1 is playing SSS is sooo obvious that in 20-30 minutes will almost everyone fold to his raises.

i only wanted to answer how would you play Aces Up in UTG position.......
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze

believe me you are wrong, very wrong. When some1 is playing SSS is sooo obvious that in 20-30 minutes will almost everyone fold to his raises.

i only wanted to answer how would you play Aces Up in UTG position...
      My experience shows the opposite: average player on NL 10 doesn`t pay any attention to what you are doing.

I would play it as SHC sugessts - raise 4BB, unless I have a reason to play it differently, which is very unlikely.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic

i only wanted to answer how would you play Aces Up in UTG position.......
      It's true, people do start folding after 20-30min, but by then you should be long gone. I usually play 5-15min at one table with SSS(by then I reach the 25BB minimum or I just leave)
    • KillaKHAN
      KillaKHAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deathace
      yeah, somehow AK is loosing 1 out of 3 times to unpaired hand like J4) sample of 2 hands is a solid proove that SSS doesn`t work)
      I know this line has mass sarcasm in it but let me explain it to the rest.

AK vs 2 random under cards has more or less 65 vs 35% of winning...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillaKHAN
      I know this line has mass sarcasm in it but let me explain it to the rest.

AK vs 2 random under cards has more or less 65 vs 35% of winning...
      yeah, thanks :)

The profitability of SSS against "donkey style" players was discussed plenty of times. But somehow some players still leave random posts here and there confusing beginners.