Am I the only one who feels like that?

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      No bragging here... I really dislike negativity. But there is something I observed...

I'm crushing the PLO games I play at the moment... like 15BB/100 or so... running pretty good, no streaks of luck involved... I'm studying hard like never before and so on...

But when I review my HH on Hold'em Manager there is ALWAYS that feeling that, say, if I made 5BI on a 6 hours session and I'm done for the day, if I could get back in time and not made the kind of stupid mistakes I made I'd be up something like 8 or even 10BI for the session (no exaggeration.... I mean DOUBLE the earnings if the stupid mistakes where not there).

Let's not talk about how poker, luck or life is bad (or a combination of them) and so on... I just want to know if somebody else feels like the compounding their *stupid* mistakes actually takes half of their winnings or so.

And by stupid mistake I don't mean being overset on a 3-bet pot and going all-in, because there is nothing you can do at this spot... I'm talking about emotional reactions, non-justifiable loose-plays and other sorts of monkey moves.

Insights?
  • 3 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah I think this is pretty natural, you just have to remember that poker is a huge long term thing, it matter about making the right decisions, if you're making the right decisiosn then the more hands you play the more money you will make.

However if you lose a couple of buyins after a hugely successful day then it may be wise to stop and take a break as you don't want to play under tilt or try to chase money that you've lost.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hell yeah... and that's why I'm reading Tommy Angelo's "Elements of Poker" at this very moment!

Thanks for the tips! :s_cool:
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Of course there is something you can do in a 3bet set under set shove.Fold.

Imo,the reason for loose stupid plays is the misconception (generated by people who know shit about poker and by poker television) that poker is all about bluffing.