Had an idea for the video sections...

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      So I figured something while answering this post here:

reached silver, watching new videos yay

I'm actually quite used to write notes as I play and as I watch videos. I have many pages of notes on a .txt format that I keep on my desktop, and all these notes are kept here with me... but now....

What if there was on the page of each video a text field in which the member could insert the notes he made? It would look pretty much like the comments field, but this one is for notes only. Those notes would be sent to a moderator (possibly the coach who made the video) and, once approved, they could be shown on the same page as the video. This way people would be able to deeply dissect the instructions instead of just watching.

And then... to stimulate people to put their notes there would be a rating mechanism attached to each note (just like youtube does, with stars or grades from 1 to 5). The best graded notes would be placed on top and also grant their members some strategy points from time to time... and maybe once a year or so the member who most contributed could earn some kind of gift like a hood or shirt... I don't know.

Sounds nice?
  • 2 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi,

idea of a note system sound indeed nice
      unfortunately it is not that trivial so implement
      so for now you have to keep your personal notes :(
      or you can always start a thread about a video here in the feedback section
      if you want to discuss some spots in deep
      and we could even link this thread in the video description

Cheers,

Pascal
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pascal
      Hi,

idea of a note system sound indeed nice
      unfortunately it is not that trivial so implement
      so for now you have to keep your personal notes :(
      or you can always start a thread about a video here in the feedback section
      if you want to discuss some spots in deep
      and we could even link this thread in the video description

Cheers,

Pascal
      Yeah.. I'm quite aware that it is not as trivial as it might seem. The development guys will have to do more than entering the CMS and pushing a button to make this thing happen, but that could be put to them as a serious project for the future, anyway. It is hard to implement, but it would still be nice. You guys should seriously consider this.