Freezing interface

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      For Christ sakes, 888 have to work on its interface.

My computer is a brand new dell, dual core and all, decent amount of ram, videocard, nothing to complain about in anything I do.

BUT 888 interface is ridiculously heavy on processor.

Playing 2 or more tables put my processor use at 100%, and with 4 tables it's unplayable.

VERY often it freezes exactly when you have to take action! Then some times it comes back in 30s to 1min., but today it happened that it simply didn't come back at all and I had to shut the program.

And it IS coding. On ridiculous thing is: if I log to a video table, it's almost hilarious how often when it's my turn the videos keep working but I can't take the action. All buttons and windows freeze up (on all tables), but the video keeps working fine. It sounds so basic for me the video should freeze and let me play instead that I feel sorry for 888.

Anyway, just taking out of my chest - because as you may imagine it also happens in the middle of a hand when you fold KK postflop after 1/2BI is on the middle because your computer froze due to a crappy interface.

I came to play on 888 because of PokerStrategy but I'm quite disappointed with the room - and 80% of it has to do with this problem.

Party Poker, Poker Stars, all others are fine. On Full Tilt I can 10 table without difficulties.
  • 2 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Weird. I don't play on the video tables, but I do play others and have never had any problems playing 2-3 tables on my PC that Noah put together with his mates for the Arc animal inventory tracking system.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I've been watching this closely and it's indeed the video table that freezes everything up. Now it's happening every time and it's unplayable.

Weird, because I didn't change anything in my computer at all and I've been playing these tables once and again for months.

Playing regular tables is no problem at all (the interface is still slower than others but works fine).

And I have all animations and everything else off to speed up.