$4.61
      BU (Hero):
      $4.00
      SB:
      $2.95
      BB:
      $1.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.35) 8, 9, 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.96, MP2 calls $0.96.

Turn: ($3.27) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero raises to $2.44(All-In), MP2 calls $2.44.

River: ($8.15) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, nines and eights(8 A).
      MP2 shows a full-house, nines full of twos(9 2).

MP2 wins with a full-house, nines full of twos(9 2).

They guy was playing every hand possible so I isolate him. Guess what? Tired of this online bullshit. They have idiot-protection.
  • 22 replies
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      A8 is not a hand u want to put much money in preflop...try to call/ship pre ;DD
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Dude he's limping every fucking hand. I want his blind, wtf I raise him 6bb and he calls with 92o? WTF AND HITS FULLHOUSE?
    • beckijay1991
      beckijay1991
      Global
      Was he Russian by any chance?

I only ask cos they know what community cards are coming
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      sick cooler
    • ejietdirst00
      ejietdirst00
      Bronze
      Dont make sense to ship on the turn. He can call with worst hands.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      you played correctly, he just got lucky this time!! you know over time and many many hands that get played like this you will make a profit.
      Let it go...we all get angry sometimes over bad beats!!

Dont let lucky idiots tilt your game, you played this hand well!!!!
      you had been reading your opponent and you knew his range was crap if fish like this did not get lucky now and then they would not bother playing!!!

Roo :P

:P
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Nah, nothing changes over large samples, just huge amount of $$$ to rake and a few bb for me. Then they offer rakeback so I play more, generate more rake and they win even more. I generated 7-8 times my profit in rake but how bad can I be when the average opponent plays like this? One should expect great profit.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Nah, nothing changes over large samples, just huge amount of $$$ to rake and a few bb for me. Then they offer rakeback so I play more, generate more rake and they win even more. I generated 7-8 times my profit in rake but how bad can I be when the average opponent plays like this? One should expect great profit.
      send me a pm so we can chat privately, lets see if we can help each other!!!

Roo :P
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      cool story bro.

but;

in fairness, dunno why you're getting angry at this.

You might want his blinds, but if you know he's "limping every fucking hand" why try and isolate then and put so much money into the pot when you know he could hit that. You aren't gonna profitably steal any calling station's blind really, you'll be missing the flops and he'll take your stack like this when you tilt.

It's like don't c-bet with air against a calling station.

Shoving on the 9 turn when any 9 beats you or any overpair which he could have if he's just limping everything. Kinda silly :\

You should just be value towning callers like this, not putting your stack into the pot with mediocre hands
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I had the same thing all day, pissed me off no end!
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      dunno why you're getting angry at this.
      I agree with this. Poker is profitable because there are players who take very bad gambles like this. You simply aren't a lock to win against someone playing very badly, but you should not want to get rid of bad players. If you did, you would not lose to 92, but you would lose a lot more often in other ways, and that wouldn't feel any better.

You might want his blinds, but if you know he's "limping every fucking hand" why try and isolate then and put so much money into the pot when you know he could hit that. You aren't gonna profitably steal any calling station's blind really, you'll be missing the flops and he'll take your stack like this when you tilt.

It's like don't c-bet with air against a calling station.

Shoving on the 9 turn when any 9 beats you or any overpair which he could have if he's just limping everything. Kinda silly :\

You should just be value towning callers like this, not putting your stack into the pot with mediocre hands
      Here I disagree strongly. I think this is important and fundamental.

When someone is playing every hand, A8o is a fine isolation hand as long as your other opponents are not going to 3-bet you lightly. A8o is way ahead of a random hand, and you set up many good situations postflop. We're talking about a calling station, so you can bet hands like MPTK for value.

How do you exploit a calling station? You value bet relentlessly. This does not mean waiting for the nuts, and only then risk money against your opponent's wide range. It means you bet MORE hands for value, hands you could not bet for value against more selective opponents. This opponent is not getting away from 33 or 85 or T2. Will he call with JT? Probably, but you are way ahead of JT on the turn and are happy to get more money in. Occasionally you will be paying off top pair+, but it's still a good value bet on the flop and turn. Value bet means you will be called by worse more often than you will be called by better, and getting called 60% of the time by worse more than makes up for getting called 40% of the time by better.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      When someone is playing every hand, A8o is a fine isolation hand as long as your other opponents are not going to 3-bet you lightly. A8o is way ahead of a random hand, and you set up many good situations postflop. We're talking about a calling station, so you can bet hands like MPTK for value.

How do you exploit a calling station? You value bet relentlessly. This does not mean waiting for the nuts, and only then risk money against your opponent's wide range. It means you bet MORE hands for value, hands you could not bet for value against more selective opponents. This opponent is not getting away from 33 or 85 or T2. Will he call with JT? Probably, but you are way ahead of JT on the turn and are happy to get more money in. Occasionally you will be paying off top pair+, but it's still a good value bet on the flop and turn. Value bet means you will be called by worse more often than you will be called by better, and getting called 60% of the time by worse more than makes up for getting called 40% of the time by better.
      Fair enough ^^

Didn't think though against someone like that it would be profitable to exploit through MPTK or such. I didn't mean wait around for premium hands, but like i said didn't really see MPTK as something to go broke with!

But yeah I suppose you're right! :)
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.76
      CO:
      $15.33
      BU:
      $8.20
      SB (Hero):
      $4.05
      BB:
      $16.73
      UTG2:
      $3.68
      MP1:
      $10.84
      MP2:
      $8.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.3) 8, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, UTG2 calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero raises to $2.55, UTG2 calls $2.18(All-In).

River: ($7.83) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.83.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(K K).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, queens full of sixes(Q 6).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and queens(K K).
      UTG2 wins with a full-house, queens full of sixes(Q 6).

Villain with limp-call 100% so I raise 6BB ... no comment
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      play better hands...
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      1st hand; I raise Axs like A2s -> A5s, don't bother with A6o A7o A8o, for me anyway.
      I think you had absolutely no idea what he had or might have, from beginning to the end, you just saw dead money and went for it, ego in hand.
      2nd hand; I raise more preflop and bet $1 flop cbet but meh, nice hand guy after that.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      You raise more preflop? how much more? :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      The standard at micro level seems to be:
      3bb or 4bb 1st in +1bb for each limper, but I raise 4bb 1st in plus 1bb for each limper and 2bb for being in the blinds. However, since balancing/leveling etc (you know, the highbrow stuff), then I raise more from the blinds; I would raise to 7bb at least here with a monster hand out of position and especiallyv a known fish. Do you think he knows (or cares) what you are doing? PFF!
      Yes I know, they may fold and I may lose 'value'...lol...as you found out, no you wont!

P.S. I would raise such as A2s because I can hit striaghts/flushes and not rely solely on my A postflop. Use the Pokerstrategy Equilator to work out A6 A7 or your A8 v a random 'donk's' hand and see how it looks.

GO to; Strategy, look for 'poker tools' under the main menu and it is liste there. Any player worth his salt has it. Have fun :)
      Last point, you'll prob find your A8o will lose to his 92o about 35% of the time. Doesn't look quite so horrendous now does it? :)
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      don't know why he was limping with Q6o in early position and i don't know why he called. you played the rest of the hand perfectly. i agree with your play here more than your first hand. I seem to never get called with aces or kings and I only raise 4x BB. you should have got paid off here but but if he keeps playing the same way then you will win a lot more from him than he ever takes from you