Rush poker

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Just wondering if normal FR or Rush FR is softer?

Also if i'm beating normal FR for 5PT3BB/100 on normal FR and played exactly the same way in RUSH, could i expect a similar winrate? or would it be smaller/bigger?

also 4 tabling how many hands can i expect per hour?

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      4 tabling you can expect 1000-1200 hand per hour but I wouldnt presume that a win-rate at normal FR will translate to rush FR
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Cos of the nature of rush people pretty much only play monsters, so be ready for a different experience first of all
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Every1 is a nit in FR rush and it can be hard to get paid off.
      But the insane volume you can put in might make it more profitable for you.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Rush is slightly different as ppl have said ppl play tighter and therefore you have to adjust your game accordingly, stealing more f.e. a HUD is massively important and in rush you don´t get as many whales. Try it and see if you like it imo it´s addictive.
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      super addictive, I made an account on full tilt to take adv of the deposit offer and fancied giving it a go, I've played close to 50k rush hands in the 2 weeks since!!!
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      - Rush is addictive
      - FR rush is not softer than FR regular imo
      - adjustment from regular tables to rush is necessary, it offers more chance to steal since in general players are tighter.
      - HUD is a must have (though on NL5, the player pool any given time is at least 800-900 players, so many of them you get to see on your table perhaps 5 times so no stats there to use.)

That said I'm a NL5 player and I play 2tables of NL5 FR (tried 4 but my nonsd started shooting to the depths so I switched back to 2 tabling)

May graph:

good luck on the tables
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      +1 for the rush poker being addictive. When I first played rush poker several month ago, I hated it, now I don't play anything else.

I play nl5 fr, 2 tables at the time, sometimes 3, I see between 600 and 1000 hands/h. This is one of the great things in Rush poker, since you see a lot of hands, you can play tighter and steal more, plus, it is very profitable for the iron man status, you can make 50ftps a day by playing 2 tables of nl5fr rush for around 3h. Same thing about rakeback and unlocking bonuses.

+1 about having a hud, I did not have one for my first 45k hands, and I see a real difference since I started using one, it helps a lot in hard situations. Notes are very important too.

Now, I think that rush poker is very different of standard RG, and clearly not softer. An adjustment of the way you play is, imho, necessary. Potentially, I think there is a lot of money to take in rush poker, even if, since black friday, the pool of players (in nl5fr at least) seems pretty harder to play(does anyone feels this too, or is it just me?). Tilt is the think to avoid at any cost, otherwise, you can lose several BI in a very short time.

My 2 cents. :f_cool:
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Even if I don't consider it actually "addictive" I can tell you, if you start playing Rush on regular basis, you will find it REALLY REALLY hard to switch back to normal cash games, since the game is sooooo much slower. If you wanted the same pace, 4 rush tables would equal like 16 normal cash tables imo.

As for the BB/100, can't really say, if you're doing well on normal cash games, you could as well do good on rush with a few adjustments of course. Though the swings are (in the long run) probably pretty comparable, they are far more noticable since you play many more hands in the shorter duration of time. Or on the second thought, the swings are probably higher, since the play itself differs quite a bit.

If you're disciplined, have a good FR background and are eager to learn (and you use HUD), Rush can be a great BR booster imo. Plus it's super cool for your Rakeback and FTP points (and Ironman, etc) because you play so many hands/h.

Kind Regards,

Jkob.