6-players hyper-turbo satellites

• 4 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      When I last checked, these were beatable, although the hyperturbo format does not lead to large ROIs. I have no idea how the games are now.

The bankroll you need depends on your win rate. If you can double your win rate, you cut the size of the downswings you will see in half. I can't propose a bankroll which will make you safe if I don't know your win rate, or even whether you are beating the games. However, a general formula to use is

bankroll = comfort * (standard deviation^2) / win rate

Comfort is a number which depends on your personal risk tolerance and which is comparable between games. A comfort level of 2 is usually considered aggressive. A comfort level of 4 is conservative. The standard deviation in a tournament which pays $250-$250-$100 is about $113. You can scale that to your preferred buy-in. Your win rate should be measured in the same units, say dollars or buy-ins, and the calculation will recommend a bankroll in those units.
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      i have 0 comfort so i guess i dont need a bankroll at all
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      70$+ games best players have .5% ROI tops. Most regs are break-even/marginal losers and make some money from rakeback. So no, the games are not really beatable.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Originally posted by pzhon
      When I last checked, these were beatable, although the hyperturbo format does not lead to large ROIs. I have no idea how the games are now.

The bankroll you need depends on your win rate. If you can double your win rate, you cut the size of the downswings you will see in half. I can't propose a bankroll which will make you safe if I don't know your win rate, or even whether you are beating the games. However, a general formula to use is

bankroll = comfort * (standard deviation^2) / win rate

Comfort is a number which depends on your personal risk tolerance and which is comparable between games. A comfort level of 2 is usually considered aggressive. A comfort level of 4 is conservative. The standard deviation in a tournament which pays $250-$250-$100 is about $113. You can scale that to your preferred buy-in. Your win rate should be measured in the same units, say dollars or buy-ins, and the calculation will recommend a bankroll in those units.
      The pay-outs changed at start of this year, they are 50-50-0 now,still 6max.