[NL2-NL10] Nl5 66

• member001
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 5:heart: , 5:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.94) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.94) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.5, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.94

Flop: I'm not sure whether it was sensible to cbet here. Villain will not fold any pocket pairs on this flop and, being somewhat loose / passive, might not even fold overcards either. So I'm not sure what a cbet is trying to achieve here. But conversely, I feel a need to protect.

Turn: scare card for me. What I forgot at the time, was that it could be a scare card for villain too... perhaps I should have 2nd barreled?

River: Clear fold, I don't beat anything now unless this passive player is bluffing with no better than K high, which he is never doing.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

You can bet the turn yourself as well if you want him to make fold higher PPs and which can likely even be the case. But mainly if you Check behind on turn then it's more often a Check/Fold in future plans.

But of course he sometimes will have A highs in his floats and that's where it gets marginal and would sometimes even agree with your line.

Best regards.