[NL2-NL10] Aq

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($21.45)
      UTG ($22.70)
      UTG+1 ($27.50)
      MP1 ($11.15)
      MP2 ($29)
      Hero ($4.70)
      CO ($10.15)
      Button ($28.60)
      SB ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) K, K, T (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1, SB folds, BB raises to $5.25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5

Results in white below:
      No showdown. BB wins $5.

Was it good fold, maybe i shouldnt c-bet 1/3, but rather check or c-bet more, but with 2 opponents and dangereous board..hmmm?
  • 5 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      If you're too afraid to c-bet, which is quite normal against 2 preflop raise callers on a high flop, then just don't. There's no "in between" in poker :)
      You can be expected to be behind here, so why not take a free card as the last player to act and hope for a J, consider carefully with an A, fold the rest.

A 1/3 c-bet in position, mèh, looks too weak and suspicious ...

*mod* corrected :D
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      just check behind. and tbh i would look for a J ^^
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push or check
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      Could you elaborate on the push part of "push or fold" ?
      I mean its just plain supid to push is it not ?
      I know that stack/pot is almost 1, but surely you can't fold a Kx or TT hand.
      2 preflop raise callers, and neither A nor Q is a clean out...really not sure about it :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zhorzh
      Could you elaborate on the push part of "push or fold" ?
      I mean its just plain supid to push is it not ?
      I know that stack/pot is almost 1, but surely you can't fold a Kx or TT hand.
      2 preflop raise callers, and neither A nor Q is a clean out...really not sure about it :)
      I didn`t mean fold, of course, sorry)

considering push:

you have two moderatly loose callers (people normally tend to call more liberally from the blinds, especially BB, who had good odds.)

Now the both checked to you.
      First lets try to narrow their range:

strong K hands would re-raise us pre-flop - AK, KK (on this limit maybe even KQ, but we`ll skip it). I would also add TT to the reraise range.

So we can be against something like: 22-99, AJs-ATs, KJs+, QJs, AJo-ATo, KJo+, QJo

We definitely have a fold equity here and our equity will be likely high enough in case we get a caller.

I mean, check is totally fine, but there is nothing "plain stupid" in pushing here. If I have reads here I would push without any doubts) against unknown you can play it safely.