This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 65 straight in limped pot

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.02
      UTG1:
      $3.07

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:heart: , 5:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.15) 8:heart: , 7:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.55) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG1 calls $0.40.

River: ($1.55) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, UTG1 calls $0.70.

Final Pot: $2.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows (Td 7c)
      Hero shows a straight, eight high (6h 5d)

Hero wins with a straight, eight high (6h 5d)

Preflop: BB is a passive player and I do not expect him to raise, so if I complete my SB it costs $0.03 to see a flop with $0.15 in the pot. Given the odds (20%) and implieds, is this do-able or do I not hit often enough?

Flop: check/raise ok, or should I just lead out myself?

Turn: same question as flop.

River: bit ugly that the flush completed and his betting pattern (bet small, then call a raise) is somewhat consistent with chasing a draw (although in fact if he was drawing, he would probably have checked behind on turn, so maybe not). I bet just under half pot but would fold to a raise.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Pretty close actually with just off-suited and he ain't even fully staacked.
      Flop: Rather donk here which will accomplish almost the same.

As played
      Turn: I'd Check/Raise it definitely even bigger if I am going for the Check/Raise at all, ~$0,80. But often when I see the opponent rather being passive then I'd donk it myself near pot.
      River: Not much to do, bet still for value because there are still hands which may pay you.

Best regards.