This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQs turn trips, slowplay?

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.78
      Hero:
      $12.78

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 6 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A:spade: , 8:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.98) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.62, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.98

I know it is rarely wrong to fastplay a strong hand, but I think it would have been better to check the turn here.

By betting the turn, I represent exactly what I do have, and scare everything away. But if I had checked the turn, it would look like my flop cbet was a bluff, and there is a chance I might get value on the river from villain's pocket pair. Do you agree?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

First of all, I'd bet even bigger on flop & turn. And 2nd thing! Like never Check behind on turn! Never-Ever! You just don't protect your hand or get value from worse, basically it's a leak when you Check behind on turn on such a board. Just bet for value and build up the pot, if he folds then not much to do.

Best regards.