This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What is the normal SNG rake?

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hello!

I've always been a loser at micro sngs, even though I'm a winner at micro cash ga,es and I'm wondering how much is my fault and how much I can blame it on the room. I put some effort to improve my tournament game, played a few hundreds to limit the variance but still no improvement.

The problem is that the only place I played is Party (and another room not associated with pokerstrategy but I didn't play more than 50 there so it doesn't change much) and the rake is huge. The blind structure is also horrible, players start with 50bb so it gets to push/fold mode really fast.

Can you please tell me what is the normal rake for SNG, 6max, 10max and HUSNG at micros on PS and fulltilt?
  • 3 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Just checked from pokerstars client and rake seem to be less than 10% even in micro games. In fulltilt mostly 10% or bit more.
    • ro1chwvd
      ro1chwvd
      Bronze
      Fulltilt has 20% at the 1$ sngs.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      When I last checked, PokerStars raked over 10% for the $1 SNGs. You might accidentally look at the Fifty50 tournaments which have lower rakes, but these are not comparable.

Originally, most sites had a 10% rake, e.g., $5+$0.50 or $20+$2, and no tournaments below the $5 level, and no turbo SNGs. (Party Poker was exceptional in that it had $5+$1 SNGs.) In higher stakes tournaments, the rake was slightly reduced, e.g., $200+$15. When lower stakes tournaments were introduced, these came with slightly higher rakes than 10%. When turbo SNGs were introduced, these came with slightly lower rakes.