[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Jj Mp2

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Not rly sure, should I bet the turn ? I gain some extra equtiy, but also I think FD is a big part of his flop calling range (also Qx, sets ...), so in my opinion - I don´t want to give up my equity here or even be bluffed out of it so I rather check behind. What size would you pick up on the river ? I don´t think flush is a big part of his range anymore (at least not high flush) cause he is not checking that twice. So I rather went for smaller size to let some weak flush call.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.76
      SB:
      $10.09
      BB:
      $9.97
      UTG1:
      $7.79
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $6.64
      MP3:
      $7.51
      CO:
      $2.37

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) 4, Q, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.15) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.15) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.65, SB calls $0.65.

Final Pot: $2.45.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Turn: Guess rather would as well Check behind on turn than bet. Basically not many worse hands will Call you on turn anyways unless he has some 1card flushdraw.

As played
      River: Just shove, when he really has the A then he is going to pay big. And he wont pay much anyways when he doesn't have the flush. Those opponents just are loose enough to make such Calls.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

As played
      River: Just shove, when he really has the A then he is going to pay big. And he wont pay much anyways when he doesn't have the flush. Those opponents just are loose enough to make such Calls.

Best regards.
      Well, don´t you think that Ace is gonna shove anyway, but he would have hard time calling shove with some weaker club ? And he could even sometimes find a call with it when I make it small ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by veriz

As played

Best regards.
      Well, don´t you think that Ace is gonna shove anyway, but he would have hard time calling shove with some weaker club ? And he could even sometimes find a call with it when I make it small ?
      Just if we are against somewhat loose player he might even find sometimes a Call with K and I have seen it a lot! Even on higher limits. But basically your line is fine as well because he is going to Check/Raise you anyways when he has the A unless he is really passive.