This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Two hands which cant really be viewed seperately

• Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Gold
      Ok I posted this as hilarious...in the discussion forum but I wonder what the evaluator makes of this.

I buy into a NL10 with 2 dollars.

Hand one I have a J and a 4. I raise to 0.3, a tiny raise. 4 players call. Flop hits 4 10 A. I go all in representing the ace. No one calls. I display my hand.
      Villian: Fish. Me: Bluff worked.

Hand Two: Immediately next hand. I get 9 and 10 clubs. call at 10c everyone calls. Flop K,10,9. I go all-in instantly. Villian calls with K6 one more player calls with KJ. My two pair holds up. Villian: nice hand fish.
      I cash out my 7.89 dollars and leave.

Can anyone analyze the chances of getting away with stuff like this versus the potential benefits of this kind of play.
  • 2 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      evaluator thinks that this is quite insane))

you don`t have any immplied odds to make this kind of play and J4 hand is something maniacal :)

There is just no reason to do it with a short stack (nor with a big stack actually). Wait for a strong hand and play it.

I strongly suggest you reread all the articles first.

And chances of something like this happening again are extremly low.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      You can not represent anything on NL10, if anyone has Ax they call ( very likely with 4 caller ).

Like 1:23 to hit 2 pairs in the flop.

Around 1:3 to hit str8 draw with those cards, and 1:8 to get flush draw.

Last 2 cases you play out of position, with shortstack.

Like Xylere said you got lucky. You won those times, and will lose many more.